La Graziella gaskets, ss snap rings, and other parts..Help. - Page 10

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
grog

#91: Post by grog »

You will need to set the distance of the piston relative to the screen. This is accomplished with the thin hex nut that sits under the acorn/cap nut. The thin hex nut acts as a lock nut against the cap nut. Basically you have to do this by feel, but it sounds harder than it is. Let the piston face touch the screen, lift it the slightest bit, and that's where you want the hex nut to stop on top of the group. Then you tighten the cap nut against it. I think Doug from OE has a Europiccola rebuild video that explains this more elegantly than I have.
LMWDP #514
★ Helpful

salnyc (original poster)

#92: Post by salnyc (original poster) »

Grog, I"ll take a look at the video from OE. I'm not good at setting clrearances but I understand what you are saying. --Can you actually feel when the piston just starts to touch the screen, and how much of a difference does it make if the ckearance is a little bit too much. I figure that the piston ring cause pressure and resistance so the the piston won't move slowly, but I'll know when I I'll try it.

salnyc (original poster)

#93: Post by salnyc (original poster) »

I need to know exactly what type of rubber to use and what thickens for the bottom of the base.