La Graziella gaskets, ss snap rings, and other parts..Help. - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
forbeskm

#11: Post by forbeskm »

Drip tray dxf file is here,

/downloads/

Look for lacara.

The drip tray thread should have the contact info, if not reach out to me and I'll dig it out
florenz wrote:There are some threads concerning the La Graziella / La Cara on HB which may answer your questions.
I got my replacement parts from Francesco (complete set of seals etc.) and would recommend his friendly service.
For the driptray you may look here: La Cara Rebuild, Custom Element, Custom Drip Tray
HB-member forbeskm had some driptrays made new. He once sent my a CAD-file, but I lost it...
The piston seals (v-shape) should be installed with the closed side to the center: >|< as on every La Pavoni. (Thanks dr. gary for correcting me here)

salnyc (original poster)

#12: Post by salnyc (original poster) »

Thanks forbskn much appreciated. I ordered the parts from Francesco.

salnyc (original poster)

#13: Post by salnyc (original poster) »

Thanks forbeskm much appreciated. I ordered the parts from Francesco.

salnyc (original poster)

#14: Post by salnyc (original poster) »

Thanks for the link Florenz.
Much obliged drgary

salnyc (original poster)

#15: Post by salnyc (original poster) »

Thanks for the link Florenz.
Much obliged drgary.
All my knowledge below is from this great site and thanks to generous posters that kindly share their their knowIedge:

Decided to descale in 50 vinegar/50 water overnight. Since the machine leaks from the portafilter gasket, I did not heat the machine to boiling pressure with the recommended 25 percent vinegar solution with heat. In the morning the boiler was clean but water was not flowing into the glass tube but upon rinsing and agitating the machine, water began to flow into the glass tube. I didn't descale a second time.

Taking the machine apart while I wait for the parts from Francesco to arrive:

I took off the lever but had to use some torque because it didn't unscrew with ease ( maybe it had thread lock on the threads) I cleaned the threads on the lever and set it aside.( Don't know If I need to use some locite whe I assemble it back so the lever doesn't unscrew and stays in place .)

I took off the grouphead using a 10mm wrench labeled each nut cause I want to put them back in the same place. Nuts were tight but I don't know with how much torque I should tighten when I assemble. The gasket is in great shape but the portafilter gasket was stuck. I got it out using a sheet rock screw. That is the only way to do it if the portafilter gasket doesn't come out with ease. The trick is to use a 1.5" sheetrock screw, the one with finer threads; you screw it into the gasket at an angle, deep enough until it grabs, then you pull on the screw with pliers and it pops out. Had to do the trick a second time. It finally came out in 2 pieces.

I made a crude tool with wood and a couple of drill bits and attempted to remove the brass sleeve but no suceed; the bits break and slip. I don't want to risk damaging the sleeve so I'm not going to use a crude tool. I think that it is worth a try but don't push your luck. At this point I need to find a finer tool to remove the brass sleeve.

The machine also leaks from the steam wand. Need to find the links to the posts that show how to replace the gaskets for the steam wand so it doesn't leak.

Many thanks for all your kind and helpful posts.

Alslaw

#16: Post by Alslaw »

If you can't find the brass sleeve removal tool, you can also use a holesaw. You can grind down the teeth and leave just two nubs that match up with the holes in the sleeve.
LMWDP # 606
★ Helpful

salnyc (original poster)

#17: Post by salnyc (original poster) replying to Alslaw »

Thanks for the info. I measured the distance between the holes to be 53mm, that's about 2.1". I guess I would need to use one that is 2" diameter.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#18: Post by pizzaman383 »

I think I remember seeing that someone used a properly sized PVC fitting and precision studs like those used to locate interlocking parts.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

drgary
Team HB

#19: Post by drgary replying to pizzaman383 »

Here you go.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

salnyc (original poster)

#20: Post by salnyc (original poster) »

Thanks drgary!! PMd the poster. Rather buy one, if can't, I will attempt to build one.