Just got my ACS Vostok 1 group (Pics) - Page 10

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
OBOB

#91: Post by OBOB »

Mr. LH,
Kind of you to respond. I found the feature set and price of this unit to be intriguing to say the least. Besides as one who has enjoyed and learned from many of your reviews and evaluations, there have not been too many videos lately where the product moved you to song, so the Vostok was a noteworthy product to evaluate further. Now with nearly a 50% increase in delivered cost, the question is now what else competes with it at this price point and can a less expensive machine compete with this feature set?

To my mind, no slight was directed at you, just the fact the price has increased, clearly the supplier of the machine, significantly misinformed you. Shame on them and good on you for responding. Besides we Siberian Husky owners stick together <wink>!

Cuprajake

#92: Post by Cuprajake »

Vostok start at €3500

OBOB

#93: Post by OBOB »

Unfortunately, the US distributor lists the price beginning at $4700 (This is an introductory price which is good for a few weeks, the price increases then to $5700) + $650 shipping + $200 Customs so a significant change in the figure quoted by LH as less than $4000 delivered to the US.

Cuprajake

#94: Post by Cuprajake »

Ah,

We don't have a UK distribution so we go directly to acs for supply

Cuprajake

#95: Post by Cuprajake »

I had put my Evo up for sale to replace with a Vostok but sadly too big.

It would of sat about 3-5mm out of my counter and been alot wider

[img]userpix/56364_82zwcmk_hb5954QD.jpg[/img]

It's a shame as it has some features I'm really interested in, top fill, rotary pump, front panel pre infusion adjustment.

Amberale

#96: Post by Amberale »

My Vostok made it to the front gate of my rural property today.
Unfortunately the BRAIN DEAD MORON employed as a courier saw the closed font gates and drove away rather than calling the mobile phone number as requested.
So, I have spent another hour on the phone with courier companies and have to wait at home all day tomorrow for the same misbegotten son of a camp follower to, hopefully, turn up with my machine.

Cuprajake

#97: Post by Cuprajake »

Yeah I saw.

It's so annoying, I've had multiple days in a row waiting for DHL to deliver. Very annoying

OBOB

#98: Post by OBOB »

Well, keep us posted, hopefully your package arrives safely soon. I empathize with your disappointment, my last espresso machine came so damaged it could not be used and had to be returned to a reluctant, insulting, manufacturer, who frankly couldn't be bothered about my plight.

5ONEohhh

#99: Post by 5ONEohhh »

OBOB wrote:Unfortunately, the US distributor lists the price beginning at $4700 (This is an introductory price which is good for a few weeks, the price increases then to $5700) + $650 shipping + $200 Customs so a significant change in the figure quoted by LH as less than $4000 delivered to the US.
Thank you for price breakdown from the US distributor. This may change my direction on the vostok to something else. I should've committed to the preorder back in January but life happens(newborn).

OBOB

#100: Post by OBOB »

Congratulations on newborn, hope mom and child are well! Back in January I never heard of a Vostok but now I wish I had.