Izzo Valera cup warmer

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Scotty514

#1: Post by Scotty514 »

Hi, I noticed under the cup warmer rack a copper or gold colored knob with a silver mesh wrapping that can slide off
Is this soft mesh ring supposed to stay on or is it on there for packing protection?
Thanks

Nick111
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Nick111 »

Regarding the Leva screen and group head cleaning,
I have the Leva for 14 months.I never cleaned the screen not even an occasional kitchen paper wipe.On the group head I used the brush on very few occasions to clean the grooves where the portafilter locks.That wasnt needed either.Past habits.
During winter time I warm my meal plates with a quick flush from the group.The water in the plate is always clean of any coffee specs.
Impressive.

Weber Workshops: tools for building better coffee
Sponsored by Weber Workshops
espressotime

#3: Post by espressotime »

You should at least clean the screen and bottom of the piston every 6 weeks or so.
Grind,rake ,tamp and enjoy a great espresso.( by F. G.)

Nick111
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by Nick111 »

Well taken.

espressotime

#5: Post by espressotime » replying to Nick111 »

The bottom of the piston and back of the screen become black/ dirty from coffee oils.
I take the screen off every week and wipe screen and piston off with a towel .
One minute job.
Just took it off for its mondaymorning clean up.

truemagellen

#6: Post by truemagellen »

Scotty514 wrote:Hi, I noticed under the cup warmer rack a copper or gold colored knob with a silver mesh wrapping that can slide off
Is this soft mesh ring supposed to stay on or is it on there for packing protection?
Thanks
This stainless mesh helps disperse the steam of the cup warmer rack, leave it in place but it may need to be cleaned every couple years if you use the cup warmer steam function a lot. I probably use it once a month so it will never need to be cleaned.

I assume you are aware of the cup warmer steam function, but maybe not since it is kind of rare nowadays. To quick warm up your cups flip the valve which is under the drip tray (black handle and you can reach without moving drip tray) or if you have an older machine the valve is on the right near the power switch.

Some of the comments may be mixing up because some versions had a shield on it some didn't to disperse the steam...but newer ones have the stainless mesh, here is an older style one

Nick111
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Nick111 »

espressotime wrote:The bottom of the piston and back of the screen become black/ dirty from coffee oils.
I take the screen off every week and wipe screen and piston off with a towel .
One minute job.
Just took it off for its mondaymorning clean up.
Thank you espressotime.

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
szephyr

#8: Post by szephyr »

Scotty514 - Can you post a photo of the cup warmer area on top of your machine - the mesh included?

espressotime

#9: Post by espressotime »

Nick111 wrote:Thank you espressotime.
Check in the video how dirty the circlip slot is after a few days of use.

Nick111
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by Nick111 »

Indeed , at 0:08.This morning ordered the Knipex you have recommended.