Interested in custom kettles for La Peppina? - Page 6

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
jsolanzo

#51: Post by jsolanzo »

Hopefully very soon! My kettle has some rust in it and I really want to change it out.
LMWDP #355

zammie

#52: Post by zammie »

Bump! Any update on this project? Following it with interest as I might be getting a Peppina soon (or Caravel, depending on ebay luck)!
dizzy

LMWDP #455

Advertisement
emenfos

#53: Post by emenfos »

Hi there,

I'm new in the forum. Got my La Peppina early version w/ 700 Watts. Is there any update on this issue? I badly want a glas kettle. Do we have a price, yet?
Enjoy your shots
Thorsten

five and dime (original poster)

#54: Post by five and dime (original poster) »

Sorry for the slow updates, I changed jobs and haven't been working near the glass place for a while so I'm glad to be reminded of this project too! Addams and Chittenden, being a producer of scientific glass, are tied up at the moment with large orders. I checked in briefly today for an update on the redesign of the glass kettle and they have done some new drawings and will try to push it into production sooner if there is some more interest...of as now though, it will be finished once things slow down a bit. I think they were able to turn out the early prototypes faster because at the time, the shop was slow and it was simply glass tubing with rolled edges. The new design requires more tooling and time.
FYI: My prototype kettle is still holding up despite its flaws:) I am really optimistic about the future of this machine if we can get these made for relatively cheap. I think with some nice wood handles and the glass kettle it will add a bit of bling! (Don't worry, this project isn't dead yet!)
Cheers!
-lane
Lane Brookshire

yakster
Supporter ♡

#55: Post by yakster »

Lane,

If the metal disk that holds the glass kettle down were changed to a softer material like a plastic, the risk of breaking the glass may not be as great. This should also help with variations between the different La Peppina designs too, if they provide both the kettle and the disk it should fit.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

#56: Post by five and dime (original poster) »

I am pleased to say, that finally they are here! Thank you all for being patient....Glass kettle version 2.0 has a revised shoulder to allow for more compression of the o-ring for a better seal and a leak free/breakage free fit. (I recommend using emery paper to smooth the edge of the metal disk before installation.)
Contact me via PM for more info!

* for whatever reason I don't know how to turn the images right side up
Lane Brookshire

Eastsideloco

#57: Post by Eastsideloco »

Super cool. 8) Great solution for anyone with a rusted or damaged kettle. But I suspect some people with perfectly good kettles will want one of these.

Advertisement
beer&mathematics

#58: Post by beer&mathematics »

They look great--I'd like one. 8)
LMWDP #431

grog

#59: Post by grog »

Sorta makes it look like a Comocafe/Peppina hybrid. Do the glass kettles work with the other style of Peppina top (with rubber gasket and screw handle)?
LMWDP #514

#60: Post by five and dime (original poster) »

Super cool. Great solution for anyone with a rusted or damaged kettle. But I suspect some people with perfectly good kettles will want one of these
Thanks, it's taken some patience to get off the ground and I'm glad to have another solution to keep these machines running! I still think I get the best shots out of a peppina and that's coming from a guy with access to and Idrocompresso at work! :shock:
Lane Brookshire