Interested in custom kettles for La Peppina? - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
five and dime (original poster)

#31: Post by five and dime (original poster) »

The prototype is here!!! I have been using it steadily for a few weeks now and I am pleased with the fitment and the aesthetics of the glass vs the ceramic kettle. The nominal volume is about the same; maybe a bit more, the walls are straight instead of the tulip shape which was a cheaper alternative to using larger tubing blown out to the tulip shape.

The glass itself is very thick and it adds a bit of heft the the already lightweight machine, making shots more stable. My only quibble is the lower lip; the rolled edge leaves a very small area for the gasket to seat properly so adjusting the kettle tension plate was a bit more finicky than usual....there were no leaks after a few more turns of the wing nut. ( Of coarse my gasket may be a bit less soft than it used to be!)

As of now, Adams and Chittenden are prepared to make more based on demand and time in their production schedule. They a small company with their primary business being lab glass, so this was a special job. But they are truly old-school and were able to accommodate me despite how small the job was. I posted some videos on youtube of the glass installed on my machine.
Lane Brookshire

yakster
Supporter ♡

#32: Post by yakster »

That looks great, gives it that Conti Comocafe look which is fair since Conti stole the design from FE-AR that we steal back the kettle for our La Peppinas. Is there any special reference to use with Adams and Chittenden to inquire about this kettle? Is it borosilicate or ?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

BPlus: turning your coffee spirit
Sponsored by BPlus
Whale

#33: Post by Whale »

Wow! Looks totally cool.
As Yakster stated already it gives it the Comocafe look indeed! But without the braces!! :mrgreen:
I love to see the water boil! Gives pulling a shot the same theatrical fascination thing that I get with a Vac pot.
I certainly want one!!
Do we have to make our own inquiries to Adams and Chittenden or can we organise a group buy?
LMWDP #330

Be thankful for the small mercies in life.

#34: Post by five and dime (original poster) »

Yeah the glass is borosilicate. You can inquire with them directly, *ask for Tom:let them know Lane Brookshire sent you. They may be willing to do some tooling to make them quicker, easier and cheaper to make if there is enough demand. Maybe Orphan espresso is interested in these? But for right now, they just made few like mine!
Lane Brookshire

yakster
Supporter ♡

#35: Post by yakster »

Tom is on vacation until Monday, I found out yesterday when I emailed the company. I should hear back next week about getting my own glass kettle.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

drgary
Team HB

#36: Post by drgary »

yakster wrote:That looks great, gives it that Conti Comocafe look
My thought exactly. I believe it improves the look of the Peppina over the original. Really nicely done.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

#37: Post by five and dime (original poster) »

Yeah I am really pleased with the results, :D it makes the machine feel more like 1950's atomic age design! I wished to have more time to put these out there for everyone myself, but I'm glad to finally help get the ball rolling on this, sorry for all of the false starts and stops everyone!
Lane Brookshire

Cerini Coffee & Gifts: official US importer for Olympia Express
Sponsored by Cerini Coffee & Gifts
yakster
Supporter ♡

#38: Post by yakster »

No need to apologize, Lane, I should have mine next week.

I'm so excited, I'm considering bringing it in to work at my new job (even though I'm not in the office for days at a time). At the very least, I'll probably trade out my Gaggia Factory for the La Peppina for a bit in the kitchen.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Cmtwgr

#39: Post by Cmtwgr »

So ,,, :wink: what did the price end at ?

Carneiro

#40: Post by Carneiro »

Very nice! Depending on the price I'm in!