Information on Bezzera B2006AL commercial lever

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Dale

#1: Post by Dale »

I was just wondering if there is any new info on this machine. I've seen some good & some not so good in past threads. Has anyone received a new one lately?
Thanks

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

As noted in Espresso equipment reviews in 2011, 1st-line is sponsoring a review of it. I would like to wrap up my comments on the Ceado/Mazzer/Quamar review before turning to the Bezzera, so it may be a few weeks until I start blogging in the Bench forum.

In the meantime, I look forward to reading owner feedback too!
Dan Kehn

KnowGood

#3: Post by KnowGood »

HB wrote: In the meantime, I look forward to reading owner feedback too!
It seems we're still waiting on Bob Mc_Bob's review, but he had some issues right from the get-go.
Lyndon
_________
LMWDP #251

Bob_McBob

#4: Post by Bob_McBob replying to KnowGood »

The latest news is that the spot welded shower screen is coming apart after being inserted and removed literally hundreds of times because of the group gasket issue. I have to figure out where to get a replacement screen. I'm using the undersized gasket I got from EP, but I only just got the machine hooked up to the Flojet again after a few weeks of tinkering with the Vivaldi. I still need to figure out which fitting to remove on the boiler so I'm not stuck having to replace a compression washer I can't get locally.

I'm fairly certain my machine is a fluke, since Dan's doesn't seem to have the same issue(s).
Chris

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

I setup the Bezzera a few weeks back, but haven't documented it in the Bench yet; I will soon. Apart from the tight lock in (~7 o'clock) and having to flush the boiler a lot before putting it into service, no problems to report.
Dan Kehn

Dogshot

#6: Post by Dogshot »

I have been considering this machine as well. I had assumed it had a heat exchanger, but after reading through Chris's thread I was surprised to learn that the boiler provides the brew water. With a 5l brass boiler, I will be interested to hear if home use provides enough turnover of boiler water to keep things tasting and testing fresh.

At its price, I really want to like this machine.

Mark
LMWDP #106

beanflying

#7: Post by beanflying »

Don't worry about the lack of HX lines my Fioranzato (5L 1 grp) is only running 5 or 6 coffees a day at present and is left on. No problems to report with hot or cold shots with simple walk up use. When I got it it was set to 1.5Bar and running hot shots now back at just on 1 Bar and so much nicer. My big Izzo is the same set up too. Interested to read the review when it is up as the price is fairly good :)
Levers RULE :-)

joatmon

#8: Post by joatmon »

Bob_McBob wrote:The latest news is that the spot welded shower screen is coming apart after being inserted and removed literally hundreds of times because of the group gasket issue. I have to figure out where to get a replacement screen. I'm using the undersized gasket I got from EP, but I only just got the machine hooked up to the Flojet again after a few weeks of tinkering with the Vivaldi. I still need to figure out which fitting to remove on the boiler so I'm not stuck having to replace a compression washer I can't get locally.

I'm fairly certain my machine is a fluke, since Dan's doesn't seem to have the same issue(s).
Chris,

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but how do you know that Dan's isn't the "fluke" since it was supplied by a site sponsor for the purpose of a review? I was one click away from ordering this machine several times, but your terrible experience scared me away. This machine seems to be an answer for many people, but it has stumbled badly. The Brewtus was tarnished for a few bad experiences when the majority of owners were very happy. The B2006AL is batting 0%, 0 for 1.

Help us to understand,

joat

BigNick

#9: Post by BigNick »

BigFrank,

Seems we're both after the same information (the user manual). Interesting to find your post and recognize the machine and your reflection.

Love and sloppy kisses,
BigNick.