Info about used La Pavoni

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
lapavonibc

#1: Post by lapavonibc »

Hi there,

I have acquired a la pavoni brass copper 8 cup black handle machine, it's in used condition.

Can anyone help me and suggest any information for me for a possible future sale!!

Thanks

CoffeeBar

#2: Post by CoffeeBar »

do you know the year of making? or at least pre millennium or post? Better provide us your machine's picture

For more information please check out this link: http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/lapavoni_eng.htm

lapavonibc (original poster)

#3: Post by lapavonibc (original poster) »

Sorry I believe it's a 16 cup. It won't let me load a picture
:(

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

Jaime,

Welcome to H-B. Here is how to post images:

Posting images on HB

If you ask us specific questions we will know what to answer. For instance if you want to know selling prices search Sold listings on eBay. The link you were given to Francesco's site can help you know what machine you have. His DIY (do it yourself) section shows many repairs.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

rpavlis

#5: Post by rpavlis »

It is important to know if this be a REAL copper and brass one, or one of the ones that La Pavoni plated to look like a copper and brass one.

Check the base with a magnet. In a real one it will not be magnetic because the base will be solid brass. Also check the flange to which the group is attached. On a real copper and brass one, the flange will be brass coloured, whilst the boiler darker copper coloured.