Incomplete list of Gravity-fed lever machines - Page 9

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Paul

#81: Post by Paul »

Hi Timo and others interested in these small fellows.

Here is a rarissima example for your list:

http://tinyurl.com/y7b4w9
cheers
Paul

LMWDP #084

hbuchtel (original poster)

#82: Post by hbuchtel (original poster) » replying to Paul »

Nice one! Never seen it before, any idea of the year(s) of production? (not 1825 presumedly :))

The water level on the side is a nice touch. Did you see the wall-mounted Faema by the same seller?

Henry
LMWDP #53

Weber Workshops: tools for building better coffee
Sponsored by Weber Workshops
Paul

#83: Post by Paul »

Not sure of date. I guess it is '60s.

A friend of mine identified the wall mounted faema as a 'velox'. It shares its group with later urania, president and lambro models. Nice behind a bar I guess.
cheers
Paul

LMWDP #084

missionhb

#84: Post by missionhb »

Hi All,

After Arrarex definively disappeared, It seems the Arrarex "Little" was rescucitated for some months/years by Zerowatt that was selling this model late 1978.
This machine presents a classical Arrarex design: open boiler, "hollow piston", dry heating element (attached to boiler but separated from water by inox encasing), and thermostat (not adjustable, though).

Cheers,
F
LMWDP CLXXIV

#85: Post by hbuchtel (original poster) »

Wow, you say the Little was manufactured by Zerowatt? Do you know any more about Zerowatt's espresso machine making days? I own the Zerowatt ca310 (1980) pictured in the beginning of this thread and I was trying for a while to find out more about the machine and the company... do you know anything else about them?

"happytamper," one of the members here owns an Arrarex Little, is the one in the picture yours?

Henry
LMWDP #53

#86: Post by hbuchtel (original poster) »

I forgot to post this- a while ago Julius G. sent me these photos of the "mystery machine" from the first page, it turns out to be a Zerowatt (model #?) produced in 1954.

Regards, Henry
LMWDP #53

missionhb

#87: Post by missionhb »

Hi Henry,

I suspect is that your 1980 Zerowatt was the result of this company taking over the MiniGaggia (much similar to spanish MiniMoka and Arin) and making some mods to accommodate steaming.
Before you posted the images of Julius G., the only thing I knew about Zerowatt was that they were producing this ugly machine in the 60's:

Best,
François
LMWDP CLXXIV

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
missionhb

#88: Post by missionhb »

I forgott: yes, the Zerowatt "Little" I showed is mine (and makes great ristrettos).
Cheers,
F
LMWDP CLXXIV

missionhb

#89: Post by missionhb »

A weird Neowatt manual lever machine. The sight glass is retroilluminated by a 10W bulb hidden in the machine body.
Cheers,
F.

#90: Post by hbuchtel (original poster) »

That one is crazy! I was trying to think what it reminded me of ... I think it is the face of the Laputa robot from 'Castle in the Sky.'

Do you know when/by who it was made?

Henry
LMWDP #53