Incomplete list of Gravity-fed lever machines - Page 8

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mogogear

#71: Post by mogogear »

timo888 wrote:Mitch,
How many watts is the Little?
Regards
Timo
Go ahead Tim, there is another one just like her on fleabay, quick though!!
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

mogogear

#72: Post by mogogear »

mogogear wrote:I now have all my La Peppinas. One is a great 220v Red -1000w steamer, great shape and I have a very, barely used Black 110v / 700w non steamer , also in great shape. I have one 220v Brown one that is going to be parted out. No drip tray grate, lid or PF and insert. I may keep the 110v model. The other two will go away soon. I will post a few shots I took of the whole crew maybe tomorrow. I assembled a Silvia that I have on CL, My Cremina( which also may get traded), and the three La Peppina for a group shot on the counter tonight, it was kind of weird after searching ebay for so long.... oh well. Such is the search...now if I only knew for what.
Ok here they are.....

Sure, the flip side.... nice tails:lol::lol:

And just the Little Peppers....

Tim or others:

The 220v brown kettle is going to anyone with a need for parts. No top, no PF, no drip grate and no rubber base trim. It has a 2 prong Euro plug, she is 700w the top housing looks to have gotten hot , the La Peppina sticker is discolored. I have taken it apart all works fine, and the element is clean and in good shape/ Kettle is undamaged and also in good shape/ Base is in good shape, no chips etc. Lever is fine also- make me an offer via Pm if you are interested.

The Red La Peppina is spectacular. Excepting that the steamer top lever is replaced with a knob, she is in perfect condition. Only one double basket. All seals are in new condition. she is a 1000w / 220v with a three prong Euro plug. I would like to get what I paid for her- $150- +I'll keep the shipping in the US low-$10( I have to eat a little crow!!)
P.S. the Rancilio Silvia is on CL for sale as we speak. Still in warranty - plastic still on the drip tray, WLL Silvia "tips" CD rom and extra 3 hole frotthing tip , factory scoop and tampe, baskets -complete. all reciepts if someone is interested( Portland CL)

For now Iam holding on to the Black one( single and double baskets)(110v / 700w). Till I see who is the keeper -The Caravel or...
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

timo888

#73: Post by timo888 »

Mo,
I like your lineup of FE-ARettes!

I just put up a nice 110V 700W Peppina on eBay -- the auction starts at 7pm PST tonight.

I might bid on the Little if it has a larger piston than the Caravel.

Regards
Timo

mogogear

#74: Post by mogogear replying to timo888 »

The Little is gone- no one bid on it. I'll send you the link to the seller if you want to drop them a line and do a little fishing...
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

timo888

#75: Post by timo888 »

The inner diameter at the top of the Arrarex Caravel portafilter is 44mm. It is cylindrical about a half of its height and then becomes slightly conical, tapering to ~36mm outer diameter at the bottom. It is ~26mm tall. Outer diameter at the top (including the rim) is 52mm.

Is the filter of the Little the same size?

Regards
Timo

hbuchtel (original poster)

#76: Post by hbuchtel (original poster) »

I just found out that the Zerowatt CA310 uses huge baskets, 60mm inner diameter!

Henry
LMWDP #53

mogogear

#77: Post by mogogear »

mogogear wrote:The Little is gone- no one bid on it. I'll send you the link to the seller if you want to drop them a line and do a little fishing...
That Little Caravel that no one bid on in Italy is back....
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

timo888

#78: Post by timo888 »

hbuchtel (original poster)

#79: Post by hbuchtel (original poster) »

timo888 wrote: (pictures of another gravity lever)
Thanks Timo, what to call it, "The Bruni Brunella?" "Brunella by Bruni?" "Bruni and his Brunellas?"

Interesting design, do you know where the heating element is? Perhaps behind those holes in the kettle? It looks like a tall thin cylinder for the piston.

Henry
LMWDP #53

timo888

#80: Post by timo888 »

I think you're right, Henry, about the location of the heating element. The hump on the back of the machine lines up with those holes in the wall of the kettle. The piston cylinder reminds me of the Caravel's. With piston cylinder inside the kettle, Brunella resembles the baby of Peppina and MiniGaggia.
Regards
Timo