Ideal Milk Pitcher for Olympia Cremina

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
corebrew

#1: Post by corebrew »

I am in the process of rebuilding an Olympia Cremina. I have been trying to get everything I need together. However, I have attempted to decide on a milk pitcher but I've been unable to determine which one would be best for my case.

The largest milk drink I would drink is a small cappuccino or flat white.

Some seem to suggest either a 8oz or 12oz pitcher. I am somewhat worried that the Cremina wouldn't be powerful enough to use a 12oz pitcher easily. I also ran into some suggestions for the 12oz toroid pitcher.

Does anyone have some insight on this topic?

DaveB

#2: Post by DaveB »

I was looking for something for steaming small quantities of milk (3 oz for 6 oz caps; 4 oz for 8 oz lattes, and found this:

https://www.thecoffeebrewers.com/eldipefrpi8o.html

I just got it two days ago, and so far It works MUCH better than my 12 oz pitcher for these small amounts.
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

spressomon

#3: Post by spressomon »

I have a half dozen steaming pitchers but my everyday go-to pitcher for our preferred 5-6oz cappuccinos is the small Motta (Slayer, Cremina, Bellman steamer too): https://www.amazon.com/Motta-Stainless- ... ZPYKS?th=1
No Espresso = Depresso

roadman
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by roadman »

Your Cremina should have no problem with either the 8 or 12 oz pitcher.
My Cremina has absolutely no problem producing good microfoam using a 17 oz (50 cl) Motta pitcher when doing capps for a crowd.

Balthazar_B

#5: Post by Balthazar_B »

Hi, Grant. The Motta line are very nice, but hands-down the finest small pitcher I've ever handled is the 0.3 litre Cafelat. It's well-designed and heavy-duty engineered -- as are most Cafelat products -- good-looking to boot, and for the smallish capps and cortados I drink, its ability to steam small quantities of milk is just superb. FWIW, its lip is well-suited to pouring florid latte art, if you're so inclined.

https://www.cafelatstore.com/products/new-milk-pitcher

- John

LMWDP # 577

corebrew (original poster)

#6: Post by corebrew (original poster) »

Thank you all for your replies!

It seems to me that a small 8-10oz pitcher would suit me best. I am going to take a look at the pitchers from cafelat and motta unless someone else has additional suggestions.

LObin

#7: Post by LObin »

I owned an Oly Club and I totally agree with the smaller 8oz pitcher suggestions.
When looking to purchase one, I considered these:
Cafelat
Espro toroid 2
Rattleware
Rhinowares
Motta

Ended up getting the toroid 2 which worked well with the club. I believe I would've been happy with any of these though.
LMWDP #592

Eastsideloco

#8: Post by Eastsideloco »

The Motta 250ml is a great option. (I'm sure Cafelat is as well.)

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by RockyIII »

My favorite is the 12oz. Espro Toroid 2.

Rocky

N6GQ

#10: Post by N6GQ »

RockyIII wrote:My favorite is the 12oz. Espro Toroid 2.
I too have that pitcher, its well made but I'm not convinced its my favorite - I've had a little better luck with straight-vertical walls on the pitchers. Maybe that's just what I learned on.

I love these threads because I learn something each time. I didn't know about that Cafelat pitcher - it looks great.

I wonder what others have found to be the best in breed of the accessories?

I found the Brewberry scale to be awesome. Cheap and does everything I could want and then some.
LMWDP #614