How to Replace Olympia Cremina Teflon Grouphead to Boiler Seal?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Patagent

#1: Post by Patagent »

I was doing some group head maintenance cleaning on my Cremina when I noticed that the gasket https://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-2zc050q2 ... 50.jpg?c=2 that goes between the boiler and the group was discolored. It appears that the gasket is glued on. Anyone know I can take the old one off and put a new one on?

wreckfish

#2: Post by wreckfish »

I replaced the o ring on my older generation cremina with the teflon seal (from cerini). I'd be surprised if the teflon seal is actually glued on -- it might just be stuck on. Regardless, I'd pry it off gently and avoid gouging of the mating surfaces. Also, before you go through that, I'd give Cerini a call to discuss. For such a young machine as yours, seems odd to have to replace the teflon seal -- even if it is discolored. Best of luck.

Eastsideloco

#3: Post by Eastsideloco »

Agreed. Why regularly replace a part that sees no wear and tear? It seems like you should be able to get 5 or 10 years out of this part.

FWIW, I don't pull the group in order to remove and clean the shower screen, lubricate the piston seals or replace the group portafilter gasket.