How to keep Cremina basket in when dumping puck? - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Bushrod

#11: Post by Bushrod »

yakster is my new hero!
Rich A

LMWDP #131

farmroast

#12: Post by farmroast »

Chris
That may be Oscar worthy. 8) :lol: 8)
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"

farmroast

#13: Post by farmroast »

The original Cremina knock box actually works quite well with the double bars and the right motion and finger action. Though I'm on my second set of bars due to the plastic factor.
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"

IMAWriter

#14: Post by IMAWriter »

I'm a thumb man myself, formerly aluminum tape, which quickly got icky.
But the video was awesome.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by yakster »

Wow, you guys are too much... I did that video on a lark with my digital still camera just to be funny and it has no production values, but I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

I found out that Google's Picasa will actually do the titles you see in the beginning of the video and convert the video format to a smaller file, more appropriate to upload to Youtube. Somewhere at home I have an unopened copy of a video editing software package I never have installed or used. Guess I'd rather spend my time on coffee.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

yakster
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by yakster »

I tried this trick after pulling a shot on Jim's (Mokemo) new Conti Comocafe at Barefoot and almost lost the filter basket into the dump bucket when it started to flip out of the portafilter. I know the filter is 49.5 instead of 45 mm and I'm guessing that it's not as proportionally deep as the La Peppina I'm used to. Luckily, it didn't flip out, and neither did Jim, but I did later loose the handle to my Kyocera grinder into that same dump bucket and had to fish it out.

I guess it's YMMV on this technique.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#17: Post by orphanespresso »

Nice technique! OK, you have your WDT and Fellini and other names for moves and such...what is this one called? The Yak Whack? It is a kind of backhand technique so there are a lot of possibilities.

BTW, the new Olympia portafilter bodies have a spring...pretty nice actually...just got a batch.