How to adjust Elektra Microcasa a Leva pressurestat? - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
stefano65
Sponsor

#31: Post by stefano65 »

or use a PLASTIC prying tool to remove it sometimes they feel so tight that customers think that it is not pulling out
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

Address7

#32: Post by Address7 »

someone said they took the needle off and put it back on at zero... well how did you get TO the needle?
Everything is press fit fairly tightly, slow and steady pressure wins. Very gently, you can pull the cover straight off of the gauge. Then pull the needle straight off, align it to the correct position, and reseat gently. Press the gauge cover straight back on. Done.

Enjoy your experience, James

Lady Croft

#33: Post by Lady Croft »

Ok, I fixed the needle...

Just let me make sure I'm completely clear on this: I unscrew the screw under the drip tray, and then I take the BOTTOM rubber thing off? I just want to make sure I'm trying to pry off the right thing! Because I thought I was supposed to try to get out the piece under the drip tray, since that is where the screw is. But let me tell you, that thing isn't going anywhere. No plastic on this earth could pry that thing up without breaking. Which makes me think I am an idiot and trying to pry off the wrong thing! :-O
Thanks,

~jess

farmroast

#34: Post by farmroast »

Congrats on getting the needle right. Yes, you should be trying to get the rubber thing off that slots onto the bottom of the machines base kinda like a tupperware lid slots onto a container.
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"

Lady Croft

#35: Post by Lady Croft »

Hey guys, I just successfully adjusted my pressurestat. I decided to make a picture annotated walk-through for anyone else trying to do this, since that was what I couldn't seem to find anywhere! :)

ADJUSTING ELEKTRA MICRO CASA A LEVA PRESSURESTAT WALKTHROUGH

1.Turn off the machine, make sure it's nice and cool. I unplugged mine too just to be extra careful.

2.Take out the drip tray. Beneath it you will see one screw. This screw holds the plastic bottom of the machine in place. Remove this screw with a Philips head screwdriver.

3.You will now be able to remove the bottom plastic piece. It is set in pretty tight, but don't
Lose hope, it will come out. It helps to have one person hold the machine by the body, and pull up, while another person uses their fingertips to pull down on the rim of the plastic. After some wiggling and pulling, it will start to come out, and then you can pull it off.

4.The pressurestat is located underneath. To get a better view, you can put the machine in the corner of two counters, which meet at an angle, so the bottom is hanging over the edge, but otherwise you could have someone else hold it up or tilt it so you can see underneath.
You will see the Mater pressurestat which looks like this, if you have the newer models. Mine is I believe manufactured in 2005 and has this pressurestat.

5.Find the adjustement screw, located in a small black housing on the top of the
Pressurestat. Turn it counter clock-wise to lower the boiler pressure. Turn it ½ turn at a time and check the pressure again. If need be, adjust it more- try another ¼ turn. I had to adjust mine 3/4 turn all together and it's at .9 now! ENJOY YOUR ESPRESSO! :)

~Jessie

rawman

#36: Post by rawman »

Glad you finally got it.
LMWDP #189

DRS

#37: Post by DRS »

Hello everyone. sorry to bring up an old thread, but i need to ask. i adjusted my pressure stat to display 0.9-1.0 bar some time back and have been using that setting since. i just decalcified my machine for the first time tonight. now i never checked this before, but the water coming out of my group is about 180-182 degrees F. shouldnt the temp be around 200? to fix this, i would assume i need to raise the bars a bit, maybe to about 1.1. given that everyone claims 0.9-1.0 bars is their sweetspot, wouldnt that pressure provide a lower than ideal temperature, such as with my current situation?
also, i noticed a lot of deposits coming out of my elektra when rinsing out the machine after my first decalcification. kind of like gray-black pieces. so many pieces that there were deposits coming out even after my 4th rinse. is this normal?

any input is appreciated. im still a newbie with this, but i want to perfect my shots.

thanks

DJF

#38: Post by DJF »

I would not go more than 1 bar. Don't get too wound up about the water temperature out of the group yet - or you will be the one overheating. See how your shots taste after cleaning then worry about it.

Just keep rinsing. It's also a good idea to take the tip off and dismantle the steam wand and valve body and blow them out. There will be all sorts of crud in there. Easy.

Good luck
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

DRS

#39: Post by DRS »

ok ill wait and see how it goes. and you're right, i probably do need to clean out the wand also. i feel like the steam isnt as strong (hot) as it was when i first got the machine. i can place my hand under the steam without it burning me. is the steam that comes out of your wand too hot to touch?

DJF

#40: Post by DJF »

Jon - if you put your hand up close it will burn you. At the end of the steam mist it's only moisture.

I just cleaned out the steam wand on my recently acquired Pavoni. I cleaned the rest of the machine but forgot about the wand and wondered why it took forever to heat the milk. It was coked up with old milk gunk. When you turn the steam off in these machines there is nothing to stop milk being sucked in. I always flush into a jug of water after a shot.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."