Help me identify this Gaggia

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Chwecgn

#1: Post by Chwecgn »

Hi.
Anyone here who can help me identify this machine?

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 84-176-984

Bluecold

#2: Post by Bluecold »

Gaggia Tell. There are a few threads about these on the forums here.
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

LObin

#3: Post by LObin »

LMWDP #592

IamOiman
Team HB

#4: Post by IamOiman »

That is my machine but orange and a little older (I think the later models have the lettering on the enamel of the machine rather than the steel part on the back). It looks to be in fair condition but you never know until you see it in person. The name itself is a little mystery as there is a parts catalogue that calls this machine the "Tell" while various sources from Germany and Italy call it the "LL" including from Enrico Maltoni. The steam wand tips are missing, those can be replaced and screw in. Based off the knobs it appears to be electric only. As the seller notes the portafilters are missing but modern ones can fit in the group. Here are some photos of mine with the portafilters (the left one is a single so I took off the beak). If the machine was made after 1980 they increased the wattage to 4kw and sometimes the knobs are black like the Gaggia TE/TD. The thread link LObin inserted is for this machine so if you have any questions just pop me a question or check it out!

-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

Chwecgn (original poster)

#5: Post by Chwecgn (original poster) »

Thank you to all of you!

I now only need to debate with myself if I want to spent 950€ on it...

IamOiman
Team HB

#6: Post by IamOiman »

I think you can negotiate the price a bit. I paid significantly less for my machine than its listed price due to it missing the drip tray (I was able to source one after), something like 40% discount. While you may not get this high of a price cut with the portafilters and acknowledgment that they are missing by the seller you can still try and see what happens. Ask for pics of the inside if possible but if the cup heater is connected it will take effort to get inside as the side panels would have to be taken off to do this.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

Chwecgn (original poster)

#7: Post by Chwecgn (original poster) »

I mailed the seller. But with not too much hope...