Hello Strega !

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
El_hondero

#1: Post by El_hondero »

So after looking at the profitec pro 800 , quick mill achille and the Bezzera strega for months .
I finally settled with the strega
This is my very first proper machine , before that I was using a moka pot and a picopresso.

I must say I am very impressed by the build quality, I was initially quite concerned about the pump noise , but it's actually quite alright .

The lever is not that easy to pull , Jim schulman's knee bending technique works well !

Ad-85

#2: Post by Ad-85 »

Congrats on the Strega. Looks great! How's the mouthfeel and crema?
LMWDB #691

Aida Batlle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Batlle
baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by baristainzmking »

Congratulations, it's a beautiful machine!
Julia

kalo925

#4: Post by kalo925 »

Nice looking set up! What's you cup going to be? I'm looking at some Loveramics cappuccino size (200ml) and maybe grab a couple espresso size too. 8)

El_hondero (original poster)

#5: Post by El_hondero (original poster) »

Ad-85 wrote:Congrats on the Strega. Looks great! How's the mouthfeel and crema?
Package came on the evening, haven't had the time to really dial in the grind yet

#6: Post by El_hondero (original poster) »

kalo925 wrote:Nice looking set up! What's you cup going to be? I'm looking at some Loveramics cappuccino size (200ml) and maybe grab a couple espresso size too. 8)
I think I might get myself some colorful ancaps 160ml cappuccino cups

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by baldheadracing »

Congratulations!

The wood really changes the look of the machine. I'm surprised by how much.

Decent Espresso: espresso equipment for serious baristas
Sponsored by Decent Espresso
TomC
Team HB

#8: Post by TomC »

A belated welcome to HB Jeff! The Strega has incredible capabilities.

Take a gander at the modifications I did on mine, there's several simple tweaks that can insulate your ears from the pumps noise.

The Super Strega: Modifying preinfusion pressures and other functional improvements

BTW, I love that massive wood top/block!
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

#9: Post by El_hondero (original poster) »

It's just a kitchen island from Ikea :)

#10: Post by El_hondero (original poster) »

Hello I have a question and I hope you guys can help me.

So during the process of dialing in my grind size, I may have ground a bit too find , when I engage the pump , no coffee comes out of the pf, but instead water comes out of this bit

The machine also makes a high pitch noise while discharging water from that bit... This happened maybe 5 times , each time I quickly disengage the pump .

Is this bad for the machine? Have I damaged it ?

Also when the machine is idling or off and cooling down, that bit would drip water (not a lot, maybe drop of water every 5 minutes) I found like a spoonful of water on the drip tray.

Is this normal?

Thanks guys