Got this mexican-made lever machine, any thoughts?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Jmalpica

#1: Post by Jmalpica »

Hello friends, I just got this machine (not arrived yet so the pics are not mine). It is a mexican Nacional Azteca, 1 group spring lever machine. It looks really solid (I have used one before), and the portafilter looks like some kind of E61 type. Well, the main question is, may it be an OEM or made by any major brand or something like that?? Any info on this baby???

Thanks in advance!!!

boren

#2: Post by boren »

Seems to be inspired by the Ponte Vecchio Lusso.

Marmot

#3: Post by Marmot »

The group looks similar to the ones from Rancilio or maybe Bezzera. If no one can identify it in the meantime it would be good if you could take pictures from the group (without the top cover) once it arrives. I guess they used a group from a large manufacturer and just adapted the outside a little.

IamOiman
Team HB

#4: Post by IamOiman »

The grouphead reminds me of La Carimali machines. Kaffee-Netz has a few threads documenting machines with this grouphead https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/rest ... 963.92462/

Based off this I believe this manufacturer purchased groups for their machines from La Carimali.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612
★ Helpful

Jmalpica (original poster)

#5: Post by Jmalpica (original poster) »

I wasn't on town so I couldn't reply. Thank you so very much for all your input. I will look up the grouphead once it arrives but it does seem so close to the La Carimali grouphead and the Ponte Vecchio Lusso body.

Pressino

#6: Post by Pressino »

boren wrote:Seems to be inspired by the Ponte Vecchio Lusso.
Not really. In the OP's machine the group is in the center and the level sight glass is on the other side.

boren

#7: Post by boren »

I didn't say it's Ponte Vecchio Lusso, but that it seems inspired by it. You really don't see the similarity?

Marmot

#8: Post by Marmot »

IamOiman wrote:The grouphead reminds me of La Carimali machines. Kaffee-Netz has a few threads documenting machines with this grouphead https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/rest ... 963.92462/

Based off this I believe this manufacturer purchased groups for their machines from La Carimali.
Yes, you are right about the carimali group! It seems Carimali (and Schärf) used this kind of group but I'm afraid there are no spare parts anymore.

The Ponte Vecchio uses a very classic looking group design. It was the same as on Sama machines before. Those home machines got their design from large commercial units like this one.

Sansibar99

#9: Post by Sansibar99 »

Doesn't the Carimali-group has three-lugged portafilters?
This one here has 2 ears...
LMWDP #422

truemagellen

#10: Post by truemagellen » replying to Sansibar99 »

Correct