Gaskets for Zacconi Riviera

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
nirdvorai
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by nirdvorai »

I read a lot of the information here, but I want to double check and be sure before I order parts. The group head is the 45mm one.

1. If I understood correctly I can use present Pontevecchio piston seals and Portafilter? but I need the Zacconi basket?
2. What about group to boiler gasket?
3. Can I use PV lever handle?
4. No heating element spare part? The machine turn on but no heat, I need further testing.
5. Can I use Zacconi present dome and eagle?
6. Can I use the present Zacconi pressure gauge?

Thank you for any information.

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

If you don't get an answer here, Zacconi Workshop may be able to answer your questions directly. Kind of like their machines, their site is a throwback because it isn't updated with the current security standard.

http://www.zacconi.net/en/index_en.html
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

nirdvorai (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by nirdvorai (original poster) »

That's a good lead, I will write them additionally.

I also like the design of Zacconi, and for a long time I am in search after a vintage Riviera Eagle.
I specially like the ones with the wooden handles. The Zacconi workshop has an aura of old school small Italian workshop.

I will update here if I have a break through.

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

FYI I once bought and serviced a Zacconi Baby, their non spring lever machine. It had a tiny group and was challenging to service, nothing special about it. I have not had a Riviera and hope that is better.

A Baby Lusso Needs Restoration
Gary
LMWDP#308

Supporter ♡

#5: Post by nirdvorai (original poster) »

I wonder why they used small groups, even the Riviera has relatively small group compare to the body size.
Is it technically or taste preference? I read that the Riviera is shine in making ristretto, maybe the build the machine around that shot size.

drgary
Team HB

#6: Post by drgary »

Yes, it might be tradition. I have a Caravel 1.0 that I enjoy for that purpose. The design and build quality are excellent. One thing I noticed about the Zacconi Baby that I didn't like was that the base would flex during a pull, something that also started with La Pavoni when they began using stamped metal bases. The base on your Riviera looks very much like the one on the Zacconi Baby Lusso. My La Pavoni Europiccolas now are all 1st generation with cast aluminum bases, like the Caravel.
Gary
LMWDP#308

bazancik

#7: Post by bazancik »

Contact Zacconi directly - they have most of the parts in stock and can answer most of your questions. Sometimes takes a couple of emails though...
BUT, for some spares it makes more sense to get alternatives locally:
- thermal switches and most of electric are better to get from a local electronics shop
- for gaskets etc - check if there is a local gasket maker. Or switch to food grade silicone -- I did just this and it works much better
- see if can have handles locally turned

Also, check / get in touch with this guys - they sent me some PDFs and technical info on different parts:
http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/m_zacconi_eng.htm
http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/Macch ... 16_eng.htm

Supporter ♡

#8: Post by nirdvorai (original poster) »

Dr. Gary, If your previous Zacconi Baby had a boiler that that can be detached from the base, I guess it's the same design. Buy maybe the base is bigger on the Riviera? It has a large boiler and also has water inlet fit under the base that takes same space.
Down the road my main goal is display machine that is fully functional.

Frank, I bought gaskets from Francesco before and he is pleasure to deal with, and I was very impress with the gaskets he supply. He is on my list for special gasket contact. I was contemplating to contact a gasket shop for tailor made gaskets, but it seems to be expansive to make only one set of gaskets.
Where did you find food grade silicone gaskets? you make them yourself?

domo

#9: Post by domo »

Zacconi used the DeCarli-Group like Sama and Pontevecchio. It seems your Riviera has already the new group with three gaskets. Try the italien shop lamacchinadelcaffe.com, there you should find all the gaskets and other spareparts.
Greetings from Germany :-)
★ Helpful

Supporter ♡

#10: Post by nirdvorai (original poster) »

Thanks Domo, this is also the answer I got from Zacconi shop.