Gaggia Orione grouphead internals - confused... - Page 7

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Paul_Pratt

Postby Paul_Pratt » Jul 09, 2019, 8:42 pm

Your machine looks like it was using gas. The tap on which you have the p-stat is for the cup warmer.

You should hook up the cup warmer as usual, for the p-stat use the fitting in the lower right hand side of the photo with the 3 chalk marks. You can see a line goes from the fitting to what appears to be a gas pressure switch. Remove the line that goes to the gas pressure switch and hook up the Sirai switch to that - unless of course there is a spare fitting somewhere. But don't obviously continue with your temporary connection to the cup warmer valve.

LeverFever

Postby LeverFever » Jul 10, 2019, 6:35 pm

So it is for a cup warmer! I was sure it was, but didnt think that would need a tap!

Many thanks.

LeverFever

Postby LeverFever » Jul 10, 2019, 6:42 pm

Not sure what you mean regarding the Pstat location. I don't have any spare pipes.
What exactly is the bottom right outlet of the machine for? - i believe it might be a lower cup warmer for the drip tray...

Paul_Pratt

Postby Paul_Pratt » Jul 14, 2019, 6:26 am

LeverFever wrote:Not sure what you mean regarding the Pstat location. I don't have any spare pipes.
What exactly is the bottom right outlet of the machine for? - i believe it might be a lower cup warmer for the drip tray...

Unless you plan on using it with gas you can remove the pipe that goes to the gas valve and use that fitting:

However now looking at the new photo I would keep the gas valve pipe as-is and use the fitting/pipe you just labelled "to bottom right outlet at front of machine". It is at the element end of the boiler so a much better position.

No idea what that pipe was for, maybe for a pressure switch.