Francino Retro FCL1 (1 group) order to United States?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
truemagellen

Postby truemagellen » May 17, 2019, 12:22 pm

I have many machines I have considered and have owned over years. Based on technology and layout there are a few machines I am interested next. Of those the Francino is the most appealing in looks to me. So I am curious if it is worthwhile? possible to import to usa.

I could do with a 220v setup as I have many times in the past but I would also consider converting the boiler heating element if possible to 110 to make it a bit easier to transport with me.

Any insight on how to do this would be great...I have reached out to a retailer online in the UK but no response as of yet. Next up would be Francino themselves but it might involve a flight to the UK for this :)

cafe102

Postby cafe102 » May 17, 2019, 3:00 pm

Have you looked at the Londinium? I think that Francino is the manufacture of their machines.

truemagellen

Postby truemagellen » replying to cafe102 » May 17, 2019, 5:39 pm

Yes I am very familiar with the L and may buy one next week but I still am interested in the Francino for appearance.

Jordy

Postby Jordy » Yesterday, 9:53 pm

I have one of these. It's a nice machine but there's really nothing special or unique about it. Personally I wouldn't go through the hassle of importing if you can get similar machines locally. Maybe something like a Pompei? I have a Valexia Leva and prefer the 55mm LSM group.