Flair Espresso Maker (Kickstarter) - Page 8

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
ira (original poster)
Team HB

#71: Post by ira (original poster) »

Today someone on the SM list received their Flair so it looks like they're starting to ship.

Ira

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#72: Post by mivanitsky »

I started User Experience: Flair Espresso Manual Lever in the Lever forum, having received my Flair today.

Alchemist

#73: Post by Alchemist »

fiddlewrite wrote:Thanks, John Nanci, for the great, detailed review of the Flair Espresso Maker. I pledged about halfway through the campaign and really appreciate your helping to make this good machine even better. One question though: you said in another post that you did a head-to-head comparison with the ROK, another espresso maker I was interested in. You gave both units ratings but didn't go into detail about the ROK and why it came up short. Inconsistent heat? No crema? Plastic parts? Can you elaborate? Thanks!
The biggest things I didn't like about the ROK were the inability to watch the shot and to gauge the pressure. Looking over my notes I saw I could not seem to get consistency and it was also more bulky than I like for travel. I was never able to pull great shots. Just adequate espressoish shots.
John Nanci
Alchemist at large
LMWDP #013

thomasben

#74: Post by thomasben »

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a new Helor 101 with both sets of burrs and the Flair! Pretty excited to play around with this set up!

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#75: Post by mivanitsky »

thomasben wrote:Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a new Shelly 101 with both sets of burrs and the FLAIR! Pretty excited to play around with this set up!
Apple spellcheck strikes again.

You will enjoy the pairing of the Flair and Helor. Really fun and cheap way to make excellent espresso pretty much anywhere you can boil water. The limiting factors will be on the handle side of the portafilter, in terms of barista technique and willingness to do the necessary preheating of the cylinder for adequate thermal consistency.

thomasben

#76: Post by thomasben »

Stupid auto correct haha

It'll definitely get me started. Looking to get a little collection of brewing methods going. Still interested in eventually getting a vintage lever for kicks
But am excited in regards to the quality of espresso I can get from this simple line up!