Flair Classic Pressure Gauge Kit

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
JeyTea1979

#1: Post by JeyTea1979 »

Hello, I own a flair classic with a pressure gauge and today I wanted to clean the inside of the cylinder and did it with cotton swabs, now I saw that at the upper end, where the pressure gauge is screwed on, something came up behind the seal, Looks Like a piece of plastic..I don't know if that's something that belongs in there or not?? Is it maybe a valve? or can i just remove it? I don't want to break anything, that's why I'm asking.

Or is it a filter to prevent coffee residue from getting into the pressure gauge?

Thanks.


Pressino

#2: Post by Pressino »

I don't have a Flair but that looks like a dough nut type gasket to prevent leaks. If you were to remove it I'd guess you'd get a leak where the pressure gauge screws in. Some one else who has experience with the Flair may chimein and correct me if I'm wrong.

Urupackers

#3: Post by Urupackers »

This is an O-ring to seal the connection between the pressure gauge and the stem, don't remove it.
I advice that you have a dedicated group in Facebook, Brew with Flair, where you have a lot of Flair owners and tips to use your machine, and in Reddit a sub/r r/Flairespresso too, where you can talk with other Flair owners.
Good luck.

Pressino

#4: Post by Pressino »

OK,I guess I was right...

JeyTea1979 (original poster)

#5: Post by JeyTea1979 (original poster) »

Pressino wrote:I don't have a Flair but that looks like a dough nut type gasket to prevent leaks. If you were to remove it I'd guess you'd get a leak where the pressure gauge screws in. Some one else who has experience with the Flair may chimein and correct me if I'm wrong.
Urupackers wrote:This is an O-ring to seal the connection between the pressure gauge and the stem, don't remove it.
thank you for your reply but i do not mean the red o-ring. I mean the gray uneven piece of plastic you see behind, sorry for the confusion.
Urupackers wrote: I advice that you have a dedicated group in Facebook, Brew with Flair, where you have a lot of Flair owners and tips to use your machine, and in Reddit a sub/r r/Flairespresso too, where you can talk with other Flair owners.
Good luck.
thanks for the advice , i just sent them a request.

Urupackers

#6: Post by Urupackers »

Ah, good, this piece I don't know what is, maybe you can remove the O-ring and post the screenshot in the Facebook group,there you have many users with your precise model.

JeyTea1979 (original poster)

#7: Post by JeyTea1979 (original poster) » replying to Urupackers »

Do you have Something Like this in yours or is there nothing Like that, its a simple question.

Urupackers

#8: Post by Urupackers »

I never disassembled my pressure gauge off the stem, I think that here need to go the water fluidly, if you have a plastic or something like that I think that this shouldn't be there, but if you want you can contact the Flairespresso customer service with your find and a screenshot.

JeyTea1979 (original poster)

#9: Post by JeyTea1979 (original poster) »

ok thank you.