Fitting Londinium no-grease seals [video] - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mathof

#11: Post by mathof »

fransg wrote:Not to promote any business here, but in the UK you can buy them from a person who sends them on normal local mail, in the Netherlands / EU that is possible as well and in NZ of course Reiss can send them (or even deliver them if you live around the corner). So that saves you the long distance shipping cost / customs hassle depending on where you live.
I live in the UK. Can you provide the address of that UK person or suggest a way to discover it? Thanks.

fransg (original poster)

#12: Post by fransg (original poster) »

profitec 800 fitted with the new seals

fransg (original poster)

#13: Post by fransg (original poster) »

mathof wrote:I live in the UK. Can you provide the address of that UK person or suggest a way to discover it? Thanks.
sent you a PM on the forum

fransg (original poster)

#14: Post by fransg (original poster) »

Beanz wrote:There does not seem to be much information on these seals. What material are these seals made from?
I do not expect the exact recipe / mold / manufacturing details will be in the public domain soon.

daveyb

#15: Post by daveyb »

You want to be asking Coffeechap I guess for the UK matey

Jshot

#16: Post by Jshot »

Are these new seals now part of a new R24 if ordered?

Asking for a friend. :D

harris

#17: Post by harris replying to Jshot »

Your friend should probably email Londinium for the current status of the switch over. It's my understanding that all Londinium machines will eventually be sold with the new seals, even the Vectis.

harris

#18: Post by harris »

Just saw this on the Londinium forum; "shipping is NZD30 worldwide, unless you are in NZ, when it is NZD10. everyone with this group needs these seals. they are transformational."

SynViks

#19: Post by SynViks »

If it's a specially developed recipe it will be patented or something; there's no reason to keep secret which elastomer it is.