FE-AR La Peppina Rebuild Parts in USA?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
UFGators

#1: Post by UFGators »

I did a search on HB without much luck.. I just picked up a La Peppina 110V Machine and I want to replace all gaskets and seals. I see from the histoy OE used to carry parts but it is no longer on their website. Does anyone have any suggestions where I should look here in the USA? Thanks

grog

#2: Post by grog »

Someone posted last week about a company in CA that was the importer back in the 70s and still has NOS.
LMWDP #514

UFGators (original poster)

#3: Post by UFGators (original poster) »

Does anyone have the contact info?

yakster
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by yakster »

Looks like Francesco still has parts available.

http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/Faidate/diy-fear.htm

Also, check out the information on his site

http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/m_fear_eng.htm
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

grog

#5: Post by grog »

Here's the thread that mentions it. No contact info noted but I'm sure they will come up on a Google search:

The popped Peppina
LMWDP #514

grog

#6: Post by grog »

So, I've been in touch with Deluxe Coffee and purchased 2 OEM double baskets and a complete seal set, which includes the rare seals for the top around the lid. They also have some parts previously regarded as unobtanium, such as portafilters and elements. Great customer service once you get ahold of them.
LMWDP #514

redbone

#7: Post by redbone »

Great timed thread. Recently received two La Peppina units from Italy, both 220v.
One is 750W while the other is 1100w.
I was considering changing the elements but the 1100w unit comes to temp in less than 1/2 hour which is fine by me. (Summer filtered tap water)
I changed the power cord to NEMA 5-15P 115 V, 15 AMP, N.A. Standard 3 plug household connector 16g wire.
Also eliminated the inline on\off switch as I don't like cutting into the cord jacket midway nor do I trust the oem 220v spec low amp rated switch.
Instead I use a workshop Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs) power bar with a on/off switch also available as a (GFCI) portable cord.

This is my first La Peppina as I've been reluctant due to mixed reviews on build and quality. Brilliant simple machine even with some noted weak material links. The P.F. is the lightest I've ever come across and almost of toy stature but it functions. Baskets are not as flimsy.
Not sure if anyone makes more robust third party P.F.
Except for enameled kettle all else appears to be made of some coated or treated pot metal.

Spent more time trying to descale so far than It took to disassemle.
Still in cleanup mode. I have yet to try a shot.

Francesco is the only seller of seals online that I've come across so far.
Tried calling Deluxe Coffee twice a while back but had no luck.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

CoffeeOwl

#8: Post by CoffeeOwl »

redbone wrote:Great timed thread. Recently received two La Peppina units from Italy, both 220v.
One is 750W while the other is 1100w.
I was considering changing the elements but the 1100w unit comes to temp in less than 1/2 hour which is fine by me. (Summer filtered tap water)
I changed the power cord to NEMA 5-15P 115 V, 15 AMP, N.A. Standard 3 plug household connector 16g wire.
Also eliminated the inline on\off switch as I don't like cutting into the cord jacket midway nor do I trust the oem 220v spec low amp rated switch.
Instead I use a workshop Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs) power bar with a on/off switch also available as a (GFCI) portable cord.

This is my first La Peppina as I've been reluctant due to mixed reviews on build and quality. Brilliant simple machine even with some noted weak material links. The P.F. is the lightest I've ever come across and almost of toy stature but it functions. Baskets are not as flimsy.
Not sure if anyone makes more robust third party P.F.
(...)
I understand you are running a 220V machine on 110V and that's why it takes that less then 30 minutes? I pour boiling water to my machine. I have 110V machine 750W and I search for a transformer.

They are great machines!

As for portafilter, my previous La Peppina had a heavy one, somewhere must be pictures on the forums.
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199

redbone

#9: Post by redbone replying to CoffeeOwl »

So let me get this straight a guy in Europe has a 110v machine, while a guy in North America has a 220v machine.
What's wrong with that picture :P

I was unaware that there was varying portafilters. Thanks as I'll have to search for something more robust.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

grog

#10: Post by grog »

None of the OEM PFs are robust. There may be some after market ones that were.
LMWDP #514