Favorite Lever Groups?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
espressed

#1: Post by espressed »

I'm experimenting with new ways to control temperature and thinking I could add it to an existing group.

The La Pavoni group looks like a good option. It's readily available and reasonably priced, and seems to pull respectable shots.

Am I right that this is a good candidate? Any other favorites that I should consider?

LObin

#2: Post by LObin »

Oh cool! A custom lever project!

Can you elaborate a bit more on your project?

There are many differences in lever groups. Spring vs manual. Commercial 58mm vs small home groups. Dipper vs thermosyphon. Etc.

The Europiccola group can work great in some applications but quickly overheat in others.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here!
LMWDP #592
★ Helpful

espressed (original poster)

#3: Post by espressed (original poster) »

I'm experimenting with a few methods to control temperature. I think I can solve the overheating problems on the Europiccola as well as provide more stable temps. At the moment I have a few different ideas... need to do some experimenting to figure out what works best.

Beyond that, I'm thinking of my own custom machine. Something in the same vein as a Streitman but I don't know if I have the patience to make it quite as pretty :)

Really liking the idea of the La Pavonis in general. They seem to pull decent shots and I'm into the idea of coming 'full circle' and modernizing an old design.