Faemina Gaskets Kit

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
pab

#1: Post by pab »

Hi, some shops sell a Faemina Gaskets kit, but it seems to me that the group head gasket is very thin. It should be 6 mm thick. Is it right? See the photo of the kit.

redbone

#2: Post by redbone »

pab wrote:Hi, some shops sell a Faemina Gaskets kit, but it seems to me that the group head gasket is very thin. It should be 6 mm thick. Is it right? See the photo of the kit.
<image>
See Francesco's site and pictures here. http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/Faidate/diy-faema.htm for comparison. I've had to use difference sized gaskets depending on which version of F.F. and portafilter used. Francesco offers two including a thin filler gasket if needed.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Advertisement
pab (original poster)

#3: Post by pab (original poster) »

If they fit, i prefer the original gaskets material (and congratulation to Faema that still makes them available for such old machines :D )
I have read that Francesco's gaskets are made of EPDM. That's not the original fluoro rubber material (FKM/Viton) that i would prefer especially for the grouphead, it has higher thermal resistance.
I have a '64 version and i need a 6 mm thick grouphead

redbone

#4: Post by redbone »

There is also O.E. https://www.orphanespresso.com/Faema-Fa ... c_202.html. Not aware of material used.
Maybe Paul at Cafelat.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

pab (original poster)

#5: Post by pab (original poster) replying to redbone »

The original kit is ok for me, and it's also cheap here in Italy, twenty and something Euros. I'm only dubious about that group head gasket. Does the 3rd gen Faemina have a thinner gasket than 6 mm?

redbone

#6: Post by redbone replying to pab »

Of the 2 3rd gens I would say the opposite as no other filler gasket was required.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

pab (original poster)

#7: Post by pab (original poster) replying to redbone »

Wait! Maybe that "not black" gasket (paper?) in the photo is a portafilter gasket shim? So it could be adapted for more than one model? Otherwise i wouldn't even know what it is.

Advertisement
yakster
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by yakster »

I didn't know Faema still offered the kit. I have a kit from Francesco and one from Orphan Espresso but haven't used either yet.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

pab (original poster)

#9: Post by pab (original poster) replying to yakster »

It would be helpful to the Faemina club community and will remain as a reference here to report the two sizes of the piston gaskets and portafilter gaskets of both kits. Can you do the job? :)

yakster
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by yakster »

I'll try and dig them out and let you know what I find.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272