EspressoForge Handle Mod part 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
lucidicblur

#1: Post by lucidicblur »

I luckily stumbled upon LewBK's previous post EspressoForge Handle Mod just days before my EspressoForge Handle failed on me.I ordered 3 potential T handles from WDS components in the UK to US including: 8140-21070 (smaller 316 SS), 8140-21090 (larger 316 SS), and 8461-6710 (plastic). All of these handles use M10 threading and mate just fine with the EspressoForge. I also ordered some M10 washers, which might not be necessary, but they were low cost, so why not?

I have just received them, and my first thoughts are that they are all extremely well built/good quality. The smaller SS and plastic versions look and feel a bit too small, especially if you have larger hands. The larger SS seems to be the closest sizewise, but is fairly heavy. LewBK had some concerns about the handle being too heavy, but it seems pretty stable.

My first impression is that I slightly prefer the larger SS handle, but I will have to spend some time using each of the handles. Will report back.

In spirit of the previous post, feel free to list any other mods you have added or wish to add in the future. Also if anyone knows a good shot mirror, please let me know.

Here are some photos for comparison https://imgur.com/a/aCPIdqZ

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#2: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Thanks for posting and the images those are great. I do love the look.

I assume you never found these in the US, or do they have a US warehouse too? What did shipping cost and how long did it take?

Michael
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

lucidicblur (original poster)

#3: Post by lucidicblur (original poster) »

I had trouble finding anything comparable when searching for M10 T Handles in the US. The standard shipping was $20 but arrived 2 days after it dispatched from the UK. Very fast. All in all much cheaper than finding a machinist to custom build one.