ES3: Visiting Strietman - Page 5

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
fransg

Postby fransg » Sep 21, 2014, 10:14 pm

As with the La Pavoni, if the right grind & dose are used, not much force is needed. That's how the ES3 lever can remain a slender design. You would hurt that ES3 part if you consistently ground too fine and pressed/pulled hard for instance. In my use of the machine I found that the best tasting extractions come when you can regulate the flow by pressing a little harder or less hard. Not when you need max pressure to get any decent flow at all.

The seals are all available from Strietman.

FotonDrv

Postby FotonDrv » Sep 21, 2014, 10:21 pm

Thank you.
LMWDP #417. Life is short, so enjoy what you do and what you brew :-)

fransg

Postby fransg » Sep 24, 2014, 7:30 am

I talked to Wouter Strietman and he told me the rubber V rings on the piston are identical to the ones on the Elektra Microcasa.

These and other parts Wouter would happily also make available through a US distributor like OE.

As with other lever machines, getting third party gastets can get you minute differences in size, which may or may not always work pefectly, but they are never expensive and you can always revert back to the parts shop that Wouter runs which is planning to add to his website as online ordering options.

fransg

Postby fransg » Oct 03, 2014, 3:49 am

The ES3 was demonstrated in a small booth on the huge "Woonbeurs" fair here in town, where entrepreneurs in interior design / furniture / kitchen / hobbies displayed their novelties:

Sponsored by intelligentsiacoffee.com
www.intelligentsiacoffee.com: home of the black cat project