Early Holiday gift - La PAVONI PROFESSIONAL - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
baristainzmking (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by baristainzmking (original poster) »

drgary wrote:Congratulations, Julia!

Please show us pix.
Here are the pics. Please excuse the wires. The granite guy is coming soon to drill more holes in the counter top. I warned my husband about needing more, but he never listens..lol

I am also a terrible photographer. :oops:
Julia

drgary
Team HB

#22: Post by drgary »

Who was looking at the photography? I'm appreciating your wonderful setup bookended by Monoliths!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Supporter ♡

#23: Post by baristainzmking (original poster) replying to drgary »

Thanks!

I am enjoying playing with La Pavoni, but hate the three hole steam tip. I absolutely can't make microform with it! Where can I get a single hole one? Is it available in U.S?
Julia

baldheadracing
Team HB

#24: Post by baldheadracing replying to baristainzmking »

Bplus, coffee-sensor, and creativewerk all have single hole tips. Creativewerk is in California
https://www.etsy.com/listing/524972251/ ... steam-wand

(I don't have any of these tips.)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Supporter ♡

#25: Post by baristainzmking (original poster) replying to baldheadracing »

I saw the ones from Bplus, but didn't notice that Creativwerks had it. I have a few items already in the cart that I want to get from him, so will add the steam tip.
Julia

baldheadracing
Team HB

#26: Post by baldheadracing »

Max at Creativewerks was great to deal with when he made handles for my Elektra. He had no issue with making the customizations that I wanted (longer handles for a little more leverage, slight design differences). My Pavoni is finally on its way from Italy - I will probably get Max to make a new lever handle for mine.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

drgary
Team HB

#27: Post by drgary »

Also, have you tried modifying your steaming technique for the La Pavoni? I work to half immerse three hole steam tips with my La Pavoni and Olympia Express machines (although a 1st gen La Pavoni is pretty powerful on the Steam setting) and then plunge the tip deeper for the final part. With my commercial lever, I just immerse the steam tip and let 'er rip while keeping the pitcher level to avoid painting the walls. This is not to say that a proper one-hole steam tip can't improve things.
Gary
LMWDP#308

mdmvrockford

#28: Post by mdmvrockford »

baristainzmking wrote:...Why do you prefer robot to Cremina?
With the Cremina,
(1) I had trouble making double lungos (e.g. brew ratio 30% and volume 3-3.5 fluid ounce). The only way I know how to do this is to use Fellini maneuver. And for me this almost always fractured the puck (with resultant channeling). As we know the Robot's professional portafilter basket is quite deep and easily brews double lungos with volumes 3-3.5 fluid ounce.

(2) One cannot brew triple ristrettos (e.g. brew ratio >60% and bean 19 grams to 23 grams) as Cremina portafilter basket cannot hold that amount of ground beans.
LMWDP #568

Supporter ♡

#29: Post by baristainzmking (original poster) »

drgary wrote:Also, have you tried modifying your steaming technique for the La Pavoni? I work to half immerse three hole steam tips with my La Pavoni and Olympia Express machines (although a 1st gen La Pavoni is pretty powerful on the Steam setting) and then plunge the tip deeper for the final part. With my commercial lever, I just immerse the steam tip and let 'er rip while keeping the pitcher level to avoid painting the walls. This is not to say that a proper one-hole steam tip can't improve things.
I will try your steaming technique while I wait for the single hole tip. Who knows, I my be able to conquer the 3 whole one. ;) Bianca has ruined my steaming. I just put the pitcher on the tray, position the tip and the milk just steams itself!
Julia

drgary
Team HB

#30: Post by drgary »

Yes. That's commercial steam power, like I have with my Conti Prestina. But I'm finally getting more consistent creating "fluffies" like this for my wife on my home machines with three-hole tips. And this isn't even dairy milk.

Gary
LMWDP#308