Edesia Espress bottomless portafilter? - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
TrevorJB

#11: Post by TrevorJB »

Here's some pics of mine just out of the package that I got for my Europiccola a few weeks ago. I can't offer a review yet so this is just to show how it looks, but it fits the machine well and looks good enough for my rebuild. I couldn't justify the cost of other PFs when I have less than $100 into my machine so far.

RobindG

#12: Post by RobindG »

There you go!

Tony_M (original poster)

#13: Post by Tony_M (original poster) »

Well, thanks again for all the information but it turns out that it won't fit older Creminas. I got an email from them asking what year my unit was made (It's from 1984) and they canceled the order:

"This item has previously been returned to us from customers with machines manufactured in 1987 and 1983 so I doubt it will fit. I have therefore cancelled your order and refunded your money."

Anyone know what was different back then that would cause an issue?
--------------
Tony M
Bronxville, NY
LMWDP #598

bakafish

#14: Post by bakafish »

Tony_M wrote:Anyone know what was different back then that would cause an issue?
I think it should be the size. The new group is a little bit bigger than the old one. I bought a bottomless portafilter from Cerini years ago. They have 3 options now: Cremina 67 (1967 - 1996), Cremina Millennium (2002), and Cremina (2012 to present), but did not have at that time. The bottomless portafilter I bought was bigger than my 1983 Cremina's so I ground off the wings 1-2 mm to fit the old group.