eBay Olympia Cremina record?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mogogear

Postby mogogear » Mar 02, 2007, 10:23 pm

$1,261!!
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

TUS172

Postby TUS172 » Mar 02, 2007, 10:37 pm

Did anyone else track this one?
USED OLYMPIA CREMINA CAPPUCCINO/ESPRESSO MACHINE/MAKER $1,261.50 was the auction close! Now I don't feel so bad about my purchase. It was a cremina that was produced in 1988.

...merged with similar topic by moderator...
Bob C.
(No longer a lever purist!)
LMWDP #012

espressme

Postby espressme » Mar 02, 2007, 10:45 pm

mogogear wrote:$1,261!!

Wheew, and I thought I paid plenty!. Bet it didn't come with a gasket kit or hand holding either! :lol:
richard penney LMWDP #090,

Fullsack

Postby Fullsack » Mar 02, 2007, 11:32 pm

No Olympia badge and it didn't seem to be in as good of shape, (it was used in a restaurant), as the '86 that will auction tomorrow. Expect this record to be short lived.
LMWDP #017
Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. T. Williams

prof_stack

Postby prof_stack » Mar 03, 2007, 1:46 am

Yeah, I followed that one. It sat at $499 with no bid until the last few minutes. Then all heck broke loose! I have to think that the ebay bidding disease took over and they just "had" to have it.

Hey, there's another one for sale with current bid at $440. It'll be fun to watch it.

Hmm, I wonder when the Sama/PV Exports will be a cult classic! :lol:
LMWDP #010

wmfamily

Postby wmfamily » Mar 03, 2007, 11:30 am

I was looking at that machine too and thought that I was going to bid but the price went from $500 to over $800 in seconds. When it hit the $1000 mark and kept going I was wondering if I missed something in the description, like being made of gold or something.

Too rich for my blood but I hope whoever bought it enjoys it.

John

lino

Postby lino » Mar 03, 2007, 11:35 am

This is starting to remind me of the market for high end sports cars in the 80's....

ciao

lino

Cathi

Postby Cathi » Mar 03, 2007, 2:26 pm

I watched that one myself since day one, wondering if there was obviously something wrong with it that I was missing (bcuz nobody was bidding). Couldn't believe what happened in the last few seconds - AMAZING! Hope Fullsack got a good one. Wish I had an endless supply of cash and could play in the big leagues, oh well.....

prof_stack

Postby prof_stack » Mar 03, 2007, 4:01 pm

Cathi wrote:AMAZING! Hope Fullsack got a good one. Wish I had an endless supply of cash and could play in the big leagues, oh well.....

Would that be our own Fullsack from this forum? If so, spill the beans guy! Give us the second by second account of how it went down! :wink:
LMWDP #010

peacecup

Postby peacecup » Mar 03, 2007, 5:41 pm

Well they do cost 2K+ new. Used ones were going for <$400 two years ago - I guess I should have invested. Oh well, back to the old spring lever...

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."