eBay Olympia Cremina record? - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
TUS172

#11: Post by TUS172 »

My thought is that the seller will get stiffed for the selling price and that the next bidder in line will decline the buy. Just a show perhaps... that would drop the price considerably down to the $500.00 range...
Bob C.
(No longer a lever purist!)
LMWDP #012

Fullsack

#12: Post by Fullsack »

Cathi wrote:I watched that one myself since day one, wondering if there was obviously something wrong with it that I was missing (bcuz nobody was bidding). Couldn't believe what happened in the last few seconds - AMAZING! Hope Fullsack got a good one. Wish I had an endless supply of cash and could play in the big leagues, oh well.....
I got impatient, it's a float. I'm going to cannibalize it for the few parts I desperately need to finish my '86 Cremina, put it right back on eBay when the parts finally arrive from Switzerland, maybe fix it up a little first. I tried everything else. It gives you an idea how bad the Cremina parts situation is.
LMWDP #017
Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. T. Williams

Fullsack

#13: Post by Fullsack »

Fullsack wrote:No Olympia badge and it didn't seem to be in as good of shape, (it was used in a restaurant), as the '86 that will auction tomorrow. Expect this record to be short lived.
I'm dumb founded, $617.87! What does the '88 have that the '86 didn't? I had my popcorn next to the computer and was ready for some entertainment, now I got a stomach ache.
LMWDP #017

TUS172

#14: Post by TUS172 »

Oops, Looks like I got 2 now, The ebay gods smiled upon me?... :!: :roll:
Bob C.
LMWDP #012

mogogear (original poster)

#15: Post by mogogear (original poster) »

There is no rhyme or rule my friend-- One day it is just a battle- and some days one side doesn't show up and keep bidding against you.

Many of us I am sure will do our best to help you recoup your costs. I need some $723 body panels, $251 fork, $123 site glass and such- shucks -you might come out ahead... :wink:

TUS172 needs a lever and PF, and a drip tray .... come to think of it That thing doesn't have two groupheads on it does it :shock: ?

I am sure several of us will eat out of your hand
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

TUS172

#16: Post by TUS172 »

Hey, with two I have my portafilter and tray... I think miss Silvia just may take a hike! I hardly ever use her and she is all set with all the bells and whistles anyway... Why not become a true LMWDP MEMBER ... "THE TIME HAS COME TO GIVE UP THE LAST SEMI-ACTIVE, SEMI-AUTO IN THE HOUSE!" Besides I need the cash :wink: :wink: :lol:
Bob C.
LMWDP #012

Fullsack

#17: Post by Fullsack »

Congratulations Bob! I'm glad the Creminas are in the H-B lever family. I may follow suit and sell my Semi. At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I'm still walking around talking to myself.
LMWDP #017

JB130

#18: Post by JB130 »

Meanwhile, this one went for $399 just 2 days ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0091523016

Fullsack

#19: Post by Fullsack »

prof_stack wrote:Would that be our own Fullsack from this forum? If so, spill the beans guy! Give us the second by second account of how it went down! :wink:
It's all a blur, it happened so fast, I wasn't going to go over $599.00, auction fever I guess. Is there a support group for this? :)
LMWDP #017

espressme

#20: Post by espressme »

TUS172 wrote:Hey, with two I have my portafilter and tray... I think miss Silvia just may take a hike! I hardly ever use her and she is all set with all the bells and whistles anyway... Why not become a true LMWDP MEMBER ... "THE TIME HAS COME TO GIVE UP THE LAST SEMI-ACTIVE, SEMI-AUTO IN THE HOUSE!" Besides I need the cash :wink: :wink: :lol:
Madness! :D
Welcome to the club Twice't. I'm glad that I don't feel totally insane anymore!
Congratulations!
sincerely
richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,