Do you keep parts on hand? - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Coffeechap

#11: Post by Coffeechap »

All of the usual lever consumables so group seals, antivac, safety valve, grease. Also have spare steam wand and water assembly.

For all of the other little lever machines I keep everything I need to completely service them.

Most folk only need the basics, especially as lever machines are just so easy to maintain and worknon
levers levers levers, is there any other way?

skimmy

#12: Post by skimmy »

I have a couple Mater pressurestats on-hand, mostly because when i last needed one i figured if i'm going to pay a relatively high fixed shipping cost i may as well get a couple... even though it might be a year before i need another one.

mathof

#13: Post by mathof replying to skimmy »

How do you go through a pressurestat per year? I have never had a single one die on me.

skimmy

#14: Post by skimmy »

An unfortunate quirk of the Elektra is relatively frequent p stat failures. I've read some believe it's a symptom of its location piped directly from the bottom of the boiler. Sometimes the p stat can be flushed w acid and reinstalled, sometimes it continues to stick and replacing is the only fix.

Aaaaand i realized I've wandered into a lever thread after I already posted - sorry about that! I'm speaking about an Elektra Semiautomatica, although not sure if the lever version Elektra MCaL has the same quirk.

IamOiman
Team HB

#15: Post by IamOiman »

I'll keep parts I know are either expensive, take a while to ship, or hard to find. At the moment I have two old new stock gaggia lever group shafts I got for €20 a pop, shower screens, brass gasket stack replacements, etc. I have a few extra portafilter e-61 gaskets (a mix of silicone and rubber) and lots of valve gaskets. The place I got my little gaskets for my Gaggia Tell came in packs of 25 but were hard to beat in price :lol:

If I am in doubt I will buy an extra or two of whatever part I plan to use but I do not necessarily keep them on hand.

For my little dudes I have spare lever pinion parts along with sight glass and group gaskets. I have a lifetime supply of grease after accidently buying a 5-pack.

I'll tell you my Elektra MCAL p-stat and Pavoni p-stat still work like a charm after 28+ years.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612