Dating vintage espresso machines [ANCC, Serial] - Page 6

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
gyro

#51: Post by gyro »

Gaggia Internationale 1956

Sander1981

#52: Post by Sander1981 »

@pootoogoo

You used a picture of my E61 as an example of a boiler plate without ANCC number:

I thought it meant it was built in '66, but now I'm a bit confused. What do you think? Can the date be derived from the number? The machine was in operation in a bar in Belgium before I got it, for over 30 years. Perhaps it was exported immediately, or made outside Italy.

pootoogoo (original poster)

#53: Post by pootoogoo (original poster) »

Thanks to the one who post number.

Sander, I hope you don't mind for the picture. :wink:
According to my observation, your number means that the machine was built in Milan specifically for exportation.
Serial 16623 will place it in early 61.

Sander1981

#54: Post by Sander1981 replying to pootoogoo »

Thanks! Of course I don't mind my picture being used for these scientific purposes :-)

Overbias

#55: Post by Overbias »

Hi there,

Been getting some really great help with my Gaggia over on the lever group forum and it was suggested I add my serial plate to this thread:

I think from reading this thread the serial places this machine around 1978?

#56: Post by pootoogoo (original poster) »

Yes, your machine is the same as this one, but the serial number will place it more likely in the early 80s.
Would be interesting if you find the real date somewhere.

Zodiaco

#57: Post by Zodiaco »

Sure enough, Faema Marte #6619 corresponds to ANCC # 174410, another proof for pootoogoo's theories.

Sansibar99 wrote:Faema Urania 1959:
<image>
<image>
<image>

Faema Marte 1952:
<image>
<image>

And the parts numer on the group neck for cuppajoe:
<image>

On German Kaffee-Netz.de is a current discussion on Faema, and someone posted pictures of his 1st gen Urania, serial numer is 4 digits: 9388 !!
https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/faem ... st-1488842

Marcelnl

#58: Post by Marcelnl »

my 1 group Urania (red decal on faceplate, black bakelite handles and zodiaco group) has a mostly empty tag on top of the boiler, with some effort I think that I read 16197.
Anyone cares to guess at its production date?

LMWDP #483

#59: Post by pootoogoo (original poster) »

Zodiaco wrote:Sure enough, Faema Marte #6619 corresponds to ANCC # 174410, another proof for pootoogoo's theories.
Yep, January 1953. :wink:
Marcelnl wrote:I read 16197.
Anyone cares to guess at its production date?
What about mid 1960 ?
(Since there are no other number on the plate, it is pretty sure that it's an "exportation" serial number).

No indication on the manometer ?

Marcelnl

#60: Post by Marcelnl »

pootoogoo wrote:
What about mid 1960 ?
(Since there are no other number on the plate, it is pretty sure that it's an "exportation" serial number).
seems possible, the export indicated by not having any other dates and numbers was also what I found reading up. yet if 38145 from Sansibar is from 1959 that number puts it beyond the serial on mine.

Just found another one that says 1959 on the tag with serial 11038
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 4-234-8325

the manometer n mine has no date, nor has it FAEMA on it... it's just saying Manometro, as if we'd need that info ;-)

I always assumed they did not make the Urania that far into the sixties, after all the second series (which mine is) started in 1955 if I read the Faema book properly.
LMWDP #483