Dating vintage espresso machines [ANCC, Serial] - Page 12

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
IamOiman
Team HB

#111: Post by IamOiman »

Got another one for you,

Faema Mercurio, August 1957
Serial Number: 12724
ANCC: If I find one I will update this

-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

pootoogoo (original poster)

#112: Post by pootoogoo (original poster) »

Wow thanks a lot @IamOiman, that's a beautiful acquisition.

IamOiman
Team HB

#113: Post by IamOiman »

Thank you!

I am curious about my Zodiaco and seeing where it ends up on your chart. I presume my Mercurio is right in line with your fit curve.
-Ryan
LMWDP #612

#114: Post by pootoogoo (original poster) »

The Mercurio is right on the curve for the "manometer date" curve (with different serial numbers series than the one holding a ANCC number on the boiler). As the Urania from @condino, his other 2 machines fit on the regular "ANCC" curve (thanks a lot by the way :wink: ).

For the Zodiaco, unfortunately, since it was manufactured in Spain, the numbering is not the same. It certainly follows it own logic... but I have no other data point. :(

simondorio

#115: Post by simondorio »

Here's a La Dorio for you :-)
All matching numbers to 1964.

See the Repairs section for the full restoration thread.

Cheers
Simon

#116: Post by pootoogoo (original poster) »

Thanks Simon.
Knowing that each Italian province have their own ANCC numbering, that's interesting because Udine is also the province of production for the La San Marco machines. Hence, I have already few data points that should lead to a fitting curve similar to the one for Milan (Gaggia, FAEMA, La Pavoni)... if other owners continue to post. :wink:

IamOiman
Team HB

#117: Post by IamOiman »

This is not an ANCC number but rather a date for a piston spring on my Mercurio. I have not ever seen this before where the spring itself is stamped with a FAEMA logo and date (July 1957). I initially thought the spring was really grimy but in fact it appears to be made of bronze after cleaning it. This may just be a single instance but I am really curious to see if others are out there.

-Ryan
LMWDP #612

condino

#118: Post by condino »

Now for the 4 digit machine from condino. If we take that as a "regular" serial, it will date the machine somewhere is August 1953.
But... the tag is one without ANCC number, hence it is certainly a much later machine. As cuppajoe's machine the manometer indicates 1956 (10-56).

I will rather believe that date.... since the model correspond exactly to the patent I was talking earlier (close to Vincent's Mercurio, dated 11/56 with a serial # 9932):

This patent (with the peculiar helical pipe at the back of the boiler) was deposited in Italy, May 25th 1955.

More interestingly, if I consider the few Gaggia numbers without ANCC, the 9388 serial will point to mid-1956.
Maybe that parallel numbering was a kind of "unified" system... or machine from Italy but specifically destined to exportation. :?:[/quote]

That's my daily driver Urania beside an e61 and I'd like to conferm the idea of an exportation model, as I bought the Urania in France.

condino

#119: Post by condino »

Besides my Urania 1. series Nr. without ANCC Nr. 9388 already mentioned, here comes a Gaggia America with the beautiful old "G"-plates. Also without ANCC, Nr. 7386, MI 6.7.56, nearly finished restauration.

condino

#120: Post by condino »

And also in my collection a 2 group La San Marco Olympic 1963.

★ Helpful