Dating vintage espresso machines [ANCC, Serial] - Page 11

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
IamOiman
Team HB

#101: Post by IamOiman »

Wow, now that I look at the Faema curve more closely you can see when the E61 was introduced! Good to know my machine shows a greater picture in this chart. Glad to be of service.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

Sander1981

#102: Post by Sander1981 »

This boiler is from a three-group Faema Urania with the chromed back, so no glass. It doesn't have the sticker with the serial of the machine, only the boiler tag:

pootoogoo (original poster)

#103: Post by pootoogoo (original poster) »

Boiler tag is what is needed. :wink:
Perfectly in line with the other collected dates & numbers. Thanks Sander.

gyro

#104: Post by gyro »

How funny, 1 week younger than Sanders. Pavoni Modello 54.

pootoogoo (original poster)

#105: Post by pootoogoo (original poster) »

gyro wrote:How funny, 1 week younger than Sanders. Pavoni Modello 54.
Chris, what is funny is that with this ANCC number, your machine should be 1 year younger ... :?:

Pavoni is also from Milan, the same province as Gaggia and FAEMA, hence their ANCC number should be coherent.
245038 correspond to early 1956, not April 8th 1957. It is either a mistake on the date or the ANCC number: April 8th 1957 will correspond to ANCC number starting with 27xxxx (275038 maybe ?).

C-Antonio

#106: Post by C-Antonio »

Afaik a little bit all over Europe there were things like the ANCC. Officially was for enforcing various laws for approva, production, maintenance and updating combustion machinery and pressure vessels... the branches would have been on a regional level. Depending on the law some applications could have different tags than others... the tag with the word "esonerato" means it wasnt subject to some of the various obligations. It also took care of instruction and formation of the operators of the different kind of machinery and, seems, consulting... There are still books around in libraries.
At some point in time there probably was a sort of registry, those duties have been passed down to several other organizations over the years so maybe was even destroyed.
The same system you are using now should be able to be used outside of Italy, Spanish machines for example.
Also, the boiler sometimes wasnt born with the machine its in so dates can be close but not be a perfect match...

Side note: the tags, medallions, however you want to call them, are collector items and they can be worth something between 20-60 euros depending on type
“Eh sì sì sì…sembra facile (fare un buon caffè)!”

gyro

#107: Post by gyro »

pootoogoo wrote:Chris, what is funny is that with this ANCC number, your machine should be 1 year younger ... :?:

Pavoni is also from Milan, the same province as Gaggia and FAEMA, hence their ANCC number should be coherent.
245038 correspond to early 1956, not April 8th 1957. It is either a mistake on the date or the ANCC number: April 8th 1957 will correspond to ANCC number starting with 27xxxx (275038 maybe ?).
Not knowing, but it matches the dataplate as well... no date on the pressure gauge. Maybe they stamped a 57 by accident instead of a 56?!

condino

#108: Post by condino »

Glad to contribute! Here comes the serial number of my one group small Urania 1. series (brown bakelit) I purchased 2016 in France, that was running only with gas, now a 220V "daily driver" at my home. Should the number 10-56 on the manometer mean the month/year?

condino

#109: Post by condino »

And two more e61:

- one group 1963

- two group 1962

So long, Radu

IamOiman
Team HB

#110: Post by IamOiman »

Hi again,

I have a 2 group Faema Zodiaco with the following tag number: 119077. I thought initially it was an ANCC number but now I think it is the manufacture number instead due to an odd date. I believe it is from May of 1977 based off the heating element as the boiler tag is missing or not originally added.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612