Conti Sixty Ltd. Edition

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
drgary
Team HB

Postby drgary » Oct 10, 2017, 2:37 am

Conti introduced a limited edition lever espresso machine at World of Coffee Budapest in June. The Sixty marks their 60th anniversary. Only 60 are being made. Its look is reminiscent of other modern designs, like those of Kees van der Westen. It employs a cartridge heater and a separate boiler for heating the group. A pressure gauge measures manipulation of the lever.
Here is a photo captured off of their public promo on FaceBook.

I saw a brochure on their South African dealer's website here.

I wonder if this new group design and look will be incotporated into upcoming models?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

samuellaw178

Postby samuellaw178 » Oct 10, 2017, 2:54 am

Interesting! For the first time in a long while, we are not seeing yet another 'Bosco-style' head bolted onto an unsuspecting receiver body/frame. :lol:

Really like the line pressure feed concept, separate small coffee boiler, and cartridge heater on lever etc... Looks like my wish-list lever (almost)....are they only made in two-group version? Design wise, I actually still prefer their classic Conti Empress by a looong mile, but this beats a me-too stainless box anytime! The conti label on the group would be irking me daily if it were my machine... :P

pizzaman383

Postby pizzaman383 » Oct 12, 2017, 10:14 pm

Very cool.
Curtis
LMWDP #551

RyanP

Postby RyanP » Oct 12, 2017, 10:43 pm

That is one sweet looking machine, which I don't think I've ever thought about another Conti lever machine.

spressomon

Postby spressomon » Oct 12, 2017, 11:24 pm

Wow, I like it! Great looker for sure from where I sit. And a separate brew boiler too. Thanks for posting this Gary!
No Espresso = Depresso

Paolo

Postby Paolo » Oct 13, 2017, 4:38 pm

What a lovely machine!
It does my heart good to witness that Conti has created a machine like this one..and it looks like the famed Conti groups (or a variation of the one that is in my Prestina) are being utilized...just with different covers.

I wonder how many possible consumers worldwide are aware of any machine that Conti makes.

In my country, you would almost swear that the Conti agents just don't want to share...

Javier

Postby Javier » Oct 13, 2017, 6:35 pm

I wonder if this new group design and look will be incotporated into upcoming models?

Thank you for sharing. Amazing machine, just amazing. Every Conti lever machine is a good looking machine. But this particular machine is (to me) a mixture of utilitarian, commercial, robust, and Art Deco.
LMWDP #115

Sponsored by counterculturecoffee.com
www.counterculturecoffee.com: coffee driven people, people driven coffee