Conti Prestina Steam Tip

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
bill
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by bill »

I want to replace the original steam tip on my Conti Prestina, but can't find one of the correct thread size. Does anyone have a recommendation?
Thank you!
Bill
LMWDP #43

I wasn't born in Texas, but got here as fast as I could!

kitt

#2: Post by kitt »

I gave up trying to find a compatible tip, plus I didn't like the shape of the wand. Ended up making complete new 8mm wand from existing wand I had, cut the top fitting off and used an 8mm compression olive. This gave a more common m10 at the other end to use multiple tips

CafelatStore: home of Cafelat products online
Sponsored by CafelatStore
drgary
Team HB

#3: Post by drgary »

bill wrote:I want to replace the original steam tip on my Conti Prestina, but can't find one of the correct thread size. Does anyone have a recommendation?
Thank you!
Bill,

You could make or find an adaptor to mate the thread sizes.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

bill (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by bill (original poster) »

Hi Gary,
Yes, it looks like that's what I need to do. Obviously kitt has looked long and hard for a compatible tip to no avail.
Bill
LMWDP #43

bill (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by bill (original poster) »

Thanks for the advice, kitt! Since you've done all the hard work looking for a compatible tip, I'm going to follow in your footsteps. I don't care for the shape of the steam wand, either!
Bill
LMWDP #43

bill (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by bill (original poster) »

Kitt, I used to restore LPs and found a steam tip in the garage that I was able to attach to the Prestina. It's a smaller diameter but works fine since I'm in no hurry.
Bill
LMWDP #43

kitt

#7: Post by kitt »

Looks great Bill, is that a whole wand and tip from an early Pavoni, or just the tip added on to your original Conti wand?

Decent Espresso: espresso equipment for serious baristas
Sponsored by Decent Espresso
bill (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by bill (original poster) »

It's the entire wand and tip from the PAVONI. I only reused the fitting at the end to connect to the steam valve. Worked perfectly without any modifications.
Bill
LMWDP #43