Conti CC 1 group!

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#1: Post by baldheadracing »

New H-B sponsor Torr Toys carries the Conti one-group for about what a Strega, etc., sells for. It seems that now you no longer have to wait to pounce on a vintage Conti to get that unique lever group. https://www.torrtoys.com/outlet/conti-lever-cc101-2ryg6 (pic from that page)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

This even has the offset group, like the Prestina. It has been around for awhile, but it's great to have another dealer source.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Javier

#3: Post by Javier replying to drgary »

+1

Maybe I did not look hard enough, but I could not find a 110v version listed in that page.
LMWDP #115

baldheadracing (original poster)
Team HB

#4: Post by baldheadracing (original poster) »

Javier wrote:Maybe I did not look hard enough, but I could not find a 110v version listed in that page.
I don't think that there is one.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

truemagellen

#5: Post by truemagellen replying to baldheadracing »

Yea makes sense with the wattage they are pushing on that unit. I'm guessing it is not an insulated boiler and designed for a small busy shop with higher milk requirements with that wattage.

Chert

#6: Post by Chert »

Do you think the lever handle is really as tall as the rest of the machine? Taller?
LMWDP #198

Bluecold

#7: Post by Bluecold »

I dont know about any control circuitry, but element wise, I think it should be possible to run a 220v commercial lever on 110v. The previous owner of my Lambro had the element wired in series, resulting in 350w instead of 1500w. This is similar to running a 220v machine on 110v. It worked fine although it took more than an hour just to get the boiler up to pressure. If you run the machine 24/7, and fill the boiler in small increments, this is not a major problem.
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

drgary
Team HB

#8: Post by drgary »

The product description linked by Craig in the opening post has some interesting details. The 1 group version must be a dipper, because the 2 and 3 group versions are available as thermosyphons. Also the spring pressure is available as 9 bar or 6 bar. I think it's been written about elsewhere, but the availability of both spring strengths means someone who finds their spring pressure too weak can easily upgrade. It is also said to have a long handle, which may be longer than the original Prestina. Looking at the company website the CC100 PM is available as manual fill or autofill.

FWIW we were entertaining guests over Thanksgiving and I fired up the Prestina to again marvel at its ability to tame harsh coffees* and provide flavor layering. I don't find the handle hard to engage at the traditional length. It's been too long since the installation, and I don't believe I measured my spring pressure. Mine could be the 6 bar version because of the way it "softens" shots. I replaced the original spring in 2012 during the restoration.

* I am not claiming this can't be accomplished with barista skills, just that the Conti makes these results routine.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!