CMA thermal management - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
DougCanuck (original poster)

#11: Post by DougCanuck (original poster) »

Good point. I hadn't considered the fact that super heated steam/steam under pressure, is going to give up a lot of BTUs when it condenses. A good adjustable valve, and not an off-on valve would be required. It may not need much steam to raise the temperature of the GH the desired amount. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#12: Post by pizzaman383 »

Managing temperature big, heavy spring lever groups have several different phases of behavior - initial heat up to steady state temperature, heat up when brew water fills the cylinder, cool down during the shot, further cooling after the cylinder empties, maintaining steady state temperature, and during/after flushes. How the machine manages all these impacts the espresso made and the workflow you use. Basically, designing a lever machine means figuring out how to balance these.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

DougCanuck (original poster)

#13: Post by DougCanuck (original poster) »

I'm building a dual boiler machine with a CMA GH. I plan to run a line from the steam boiler through a valve to the group head to pre heat it. While I'm heating the GH with steam, I will isolate the brew boiler from the steam with an additional valve. The machine will be plumbed in.