Chinese ALM lever - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
renatoa

#21: Post by renatoa »

Giampiero

#22: Post by Giampiero »

I saw their "demo" video on FB, not really convinced, i suspect a terrible surfing temp, and the pressure relief valve that at some point release steam during a normal working condition does not seems quite promising, considering a 3.2 liter boiler and an electronic temperature control.
Basically it works with a similar concept of the small lever like Europiccola etc etc, but with a 3.2 liter boiler......like a pressure cooker :lol:

LObin

#23: Post by LObin »

LMWDP #592

Giampiero

#24: Post by Giampiero »

Good to see the guy well recover from his accident :lol:
Lobin, you should to watch the FB almkopi page videos to understand better, but each video it's almost 1 hour.

LObin

#25: Post by LObin replying to Giampiero »

:lol:

I'm curious... I'll look it up!
LMWDP #592

renatoa

#26: Post by renatoa »

Not a lever, but another nice Chinese pneumatic espresso release.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005121684659.html

espressotime

#27: Post by espressotime »

Espresso means Italy.At least that 's my point of view.
I also like nudles and all kinds of chinese food.For that I go to the local Asianmarket or a good chinese restaurant.
To other things in life like electronics etc I' m totally non judgmental.
But I like the looks and the sounds it makes. :D

renatoa

#28: Post by renatoa »

Actually, Francesco Illy is everything you want, but not Italian origin...
Born at the borders between Eastern Europe and Hungarian Austrian empire... the Balkan typical human melange pot.
He established Trieste after WW I, and founded Illy at 41 age, which is the typical age of retiring of those times.
There he invented Illetta, which became the predecessor of today's espresso machine.
So no existing Italian coffee tradition basics to influence him.
The Bialletti moka pot appeared in same period, but also has been influenced by existing designs, check "The Romance Of Caffeine And Aluminium" interesting writing.

Slightly off-topic, there was recently a big buzz in Financial Times around an article of an Italian food historian, that is demolishing most myths about Italian tradizzione related to "La Cucina".

From my papillae point of view Italian coffee and specialty (3rd wave) coffee are different worlds.
And the physics of extraction is another world, much more universal than all of the above.