Check-In: Ponte Vecchio Export - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mwynne

#11: Post by mwynne »

bcrdukes wrote:
All my espresso money is turning into expecting twins and buying a house money. I personally think those things happening within a month of each other should really qualify me for a machine as a prize ;)
LMWDP #673

bcrdukes (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by bcrdukes (original poster) » replying to mwynne »

Twins? Wow, congrats! Nice way to pair up the Europiccola with a Cremina! :mrgreen:
LMWDP #685

Urnex: 100% dedicated focus on coffee and tea cleaning
Sponsored by Urnex
Spad_VII

#13: Post by Spad_VII »

Sure the cremina is on another league, and a better investment if you can afford it, but let me step in as an owner of an Export, bought directly from factory exactly two years ago.
It is the only espresso machine I own, no backup, and has been my daily driver ever since. Never missed a shot, nor made a wrong cappuccino.

While it is true that it tends to overheat, if you need only one-two shots in the morning and after dinner in W-E, the really quick heat time is a winner, and overheating a no-issue.
It is just as convenient as a moka pot to use.

P.S.
I was forgetting about this: it is still running on its first set of seals and I see no need to change them anywhere soon.
LMWDP #620

espressotime

#14: Post by espressotime » replying to Spad_VII »

I totally disagree.
Having had two Creminas and four Exports I dare to say that in the cup the Export beats the Cremina. By miles.
Grind,rake ,tamp and enjoy a great espresso.( by F. G.)

nirdvorai
Supporter

#15: Post by nirdvorai »

If you are going to purchase a new Cremina, why not search for a used Export? If you can find one in good condition for several hundreds less, you will have enough left to do a little refresh with new seals and you will be able to see which machine/ method you like more- manual vs. spring.
In my personal experience, it was the Cremina who push me to the spring lever machine family.

Supporter ♡

#16: Post by bcrdukes (original poster) »

I'm open to getting a used Export, but haven't been able to find any. It also could be I am searching the wrong places like Craigslist and the eBay.

By the way, I tried to contact Ponte Vecchio in Italy for weeks, and they have not answered by phone or e-mail. If anyone has had any luck, please do let me know. I can only assume this is due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
espressotime wrote:I totally disagree.
Having had two Creminas and four Exports I dare to say that in the cup the Export beats the Cremina. By miles.
That is interesting. Do explain!
LMWDP #685

peacecup

#17: Post by peacecup »

these have been listed for a while:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/macchinacaffe-P ... SwWplfnT~d
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

Decent Espresso: espresso equipment for serious baristas
Sponsored by Decent Espresso
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by bcrdukes (original poster) »

Thanks, peacup. Shipping from Italy shows it will cost me 9,999 Euro for economic international shipping. :mrgreen:
LMWDP #685

nirdvorai
Supporter

#19: Post by nirdvorai »

Contact the seller. Typical espresso machine shipping from Italy to USA is 45-90euro.
Plus the seller open to offers.

armindillo
Supporter ♡

#20: Post by armindillo »

That's still a better deal than the 999,999 Euro shipping for the Lusso model from the same seller.
I guess the Lusso weighs more.
LMWDP #667
Warped AEther Theory of Absolute Relativity
http://asi9.com