Caravel VAM dislodged shower screen (did I ruin my chance for LMWDP membership?) - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Seacoffee

#11: Post by Seacoffee »

soapranos wrote:John: I gave the little disc a little more than a small bend, and it still wont nudge in, I am obviously not doing it right.

You are still on the right track, but note which tabs are stopping it and shave a little from those. Once it pops in you will not mean much hold it in.

Roeland: sound interesting, what did you use to file the notches in the disc?

pacificmanitou

#12: Post by pacificmanitou »

I did that to mine when I got it initially. I flattened it in a vise then tapped it back in around the edge with a flathead screwdriver and hammer. go slow and use a high striking angle. It will go back in.
LMWDP #366

Advertisement
Bluecold

#13: Post by Bluecold »

soapranos wrote:John: I gave the little disc a little more than a small bend, and it still wont nudge in, I am obviously not doing it right.

I used a small file. The notches need just be large enough to clear the tabs. The tabs are probably not regularly spaced, so find the original orientation first before filing out notches where the tabs originally clamped the screen.

The tabs in the cylinder that keep the screen in place are not consistent model-to-model. It would not surprise me that for some, it's easy to bash the screen back in. For the one we fixed by filing notches in the screen, attempting to hammer the screen back in would probably just have resulted in a botched screen.
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Bluecold

#14: Post by Bluecold »

A small semicircular file. The notches need just be large enough to clear the tabs in the cylinder wall.
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."