Caravel Arrarex 3D printed tamper

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Alslaw

#1: Post by Alslaw »

Does anyone have a link to the 3D printed tamper file? I searched the forums but can't find it. I found the drip tray and grate file and the funnel files, but no luck on the tamper. Thanks!
LMWDP # 606

redbone

#2: Post by redbone »

Just an FYI size varies depending on basket used from 43.15-43.30 mm. Had one custom made by Alperwood via Etsy with an aluminum base for decent price.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

MrShades

#3: Post by MrShades »

Alslaw wrote:Does anyone have a link to the 3D printed tamper file? I searched the forums but can't find it. I found the drip tray and grate file and the funnel files, but no luck on the tamper. Thanks!
I designed and printed a very basic 43mm one yesterday - as my Caravel had arrived but I had no tamper. Send me a PM and I'll glady send the STL to you if you've not found one yet (or anyone else wants one).

Alslaw (original poster)

#4: Post by Alslaw (original poster) »

That's awesome, thank you! PMing now.
LMWDP # 606

MrShades

#5: Post by MrShades »

Sent it via email - hope it helps!

I see we both have Ceado grinders, Alex Duetto dual boiler E61 machines - and a Caravel... good taste Sir!

You'll be telling me you have a few shelves full of Gaggia Classics, Mazzer Royals, and a few KitchenAid Artisan machines in various states of disassembly next :-)

(I keep getting tempted to buy a La Pav Europiccola Pro as well - but it seems overkill when I have the Caravel, and don't make milky drinks - I know, why have a DB E61 : I hate cooling flushes, and wasting power on steam boilers!)

Alslaw (original poster)

#6: Post by Alslaw (original poster) »

Haha - right back at ya - cheers to great minds thinking alike! If you change your shelves of Gaggia classics to a shelf of vintage lever machines and vintage grinders in various states of disassembly, you would be correct (although I do have one Gaggia Classic in there)!

With our third little one coming any day my wife has ordered that I reduce the dozen or so vintage levers to a useable amount. It's only a matter of time before some of the "I'll-never-sell-this-machine" machines end up on the sales forum. :roll:
LMWDP # 606

Coffeechap

#7: Post by Coffeechap replying to Alslaw »

Ha ha , I know that feeling, I have way too many lever machines sat doing nothing
levers levers levers, is there any other way?

MrShades

#8: Post by MrShades replying to Coffeechap »

So you're tempted to sell me a La Pav Pro at a nice cheap price then ;-)

No, sorry - I know I don't need one, the wife would kill me (again)... I really must stop this new fascination with levers.