Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 72

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Kind_Karma

#711: Post by Kind_Karma » Feb 19, 2019, 11:29 pm

Paul_Pratt wrote:Please understand that I have do these by hand by Cafelat, we are not merely buying and selling items. I know many here have been on the fence for ages so if you see a colour you like on the store and it is avaailable grab it. Right now the weather has turned to >90% humidity which makes powder coating very frustrating. I did 30 bodies yesterday and have 4 perfect saleable ones to show for my efforts. The weather is meant to be like this for another few weeks.
No worries or rush Paul, thanks for the update!

Ssxie

#712: Post by Ssxie » Feb 20, 2019, 1:45 am

Hi, had read thru the thread.
Does anyone know if I were to buy the pro basket barista set, and add on a pressurised basket, is the stainless steel scoop included? Thanks!

Balthazar_B

#713: Post by Balthazar_B » Feb 20, 2019, 1:50 am

@Paul_Pratt, just wanted to convey heartfelt thanks for bringing the wonderful Robot to market. Twice already this year it has come to the rescue when our electricity went out, and its espresso nourished our souls and got us out of our dark grumpery. Cheers!
- John

LMWDP # 577

yakster
Supporter ♡

#714: Post by yakster » Feb 20, 2019, 2:09 am

I purchased a pressurized basket after the fact and it came with the scoop, not sure if that's the rule or the exception though.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

IMAWriter
Supporter ♡

#715: Post by IMAWriter » Feb 21, 2019, 7:24 pm

Balthazar_B wrote:@Paul_Pratt, just wanted to convey heartfelt thanks for bringing the wonderful Robot to market. Twice already this year it has come to the rescue when our electricity went out, and its espresso nourished our souls and got us out of our dark grumpery. Cheers!
+ Infinity!!!

Paul, I'd say offer your (excuse the movie business term) "OutTakes"...your so-called less than perfect powder coats for a few quid less. I'd assume, under the powder coat is gleaming aluminium..as you blokes say?
With the understanding that it's "as is", I'd hope you'd sell them.....

If it helps, to ANYONE on the fence about this little gem...forget the "little" part...it makes BIG shots...as big as you would want volume and flavor-wise. Consistent, SWEET shots, beautiful pours, small learning curve...maybe 2-3 shots to get the grind right, and the timing. I'd say, though I have the pressure gauge, it's a lovely extra, but not necessary. You'll KNOW you're right when the flow is right, and you're in that 22-30 second range for 17 grams.
I'm truly over the top pleased with my Robot.
Rob
LMWDP #187
www.robertjason.com

Ssxie

#716: Post by Ssxie » Feb 21, 2019, 11:50 pm

Yep, blemished blue /green/ yellow models at a discount price.. Don't waste the models.. Would get one! =) wouldn't be surprised if they have a version 2 down the road..

mivanitsky
Supporter ♡

#717: Post by mivanitsky » Feb 22, 2019, 1:37 am

I am loving my Robot, when I can get my hands on it.

I keep lending it to friends, who for some reason are in no hurry to give it back. I can't imagine why this is.

Perhaps I should buy another for myself.

Paul, thanks again for doing the serious work to create this thoroughly modern update to a wonderfully old design, and for having the patience to make it very nearly perfect.

Paul_Pratt

#718: Post by Paul_Pratt » Feb 22, 2019, 2:06 am

Ssxie wrote:Yep, blemished blue /green/ yellow models at a discount price.. Don't waste the models.. Would get one! =) wouldn't be surprised if they have a version 2 down the road..
No. The current version is done and will remain the same going forward. The regular Robot is the same now as the prototype many years ago and I do not plan on changing it. The only thing I have had to adjust is the pressure gauge tube on the Barista model.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#719: Post by baristainzmking » Feb 22, 2019, 2:30 am

Will there be a yellow robot again?
Julia

Paul_Pratt

#720: Post by Paul_Pratt » replying to baristainzmking » Feb 22, 2019, 5:20 am

It is not that popular. We had some requests, so I did some and they stayed up for ages. Happens all the time like that. I think the last went a few weeks ago. There are some yellows in the stock shipment for the Boston SCA show which was already picked up.