Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 66

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
izhakkatz

#651: Post by izhakkatz »

Hi all

Since I don't have a scale to weight the coffee could someone please tell me the distance from the top of 14 g of tamped coffee to the top of the pro basket?
Just to see if I'm in the right ball park....

Thank you

chsreason37

#652: Post by chsreason37 »

PCJAnt wrote:Nick, visually probably one of the best shot I have seen from the Robot. I understand you used light roast, how many grams? Did you grind it with kunu M47?
Thanks! The robot is certainly capable of holding its own. I used 19g of a city roast Guatemalan ground with the M47.

Advertisement
MB

#653: Post by MB »

izhakkatz wrote:Hi all

Since I don't have a scale to weight the coffee could someone please tell me the distance from the top of 14 g of tamped coffee to the top of the pro basket?
Just to see if I'm in the right ball park....

Thank you
That could be different depending on the density of the coffee. You could Google DIY Balance Scale and make something super simple to compare your beans against 3 nickels. At 5 grams each, that's 15 grams. Five pennies could be used for 15.6 grams, or 2 nickels and 3 dimes for 16.8 grams. Just test the same amount of coins on each side to make sure it's working.
LMWDP #472
★ Helpful

pj.walczak

#654: Post by pj.walczak »

My travel experience: Robot + C40 + Passalacqua Harem
---

Pawel

sherrycobysam

#655: Post by sherrycobysam »

The only time I get a messy pull on the robot is when my grinder needs to be adjusted a hair finer for the coffee I am using. Fixes it right away.

IMAWriter

#656: Post by IMAWriter »

Just wondering. Has anyone else's Robot's "eye" (front and back fasteners) loosened to the point they nearly fell out? I hand tightened them. I just cannot remember if my Robot came with a hex wrench or some sort of tool to periodically tighten it back up. Interestingly, after tightening, as always the levers still stay put up top...after 350 or so shots...but after hand tightening, post shots, before I could get the glass catch cup under to plunge the leftover water, the arms flew down a bit violently, and there was a lot of spent grind under the gasket.
Advice warmly received!! Still lovin' my Robot.

mcrmfc

#657: Post by mcrmfc replying to IMAWriter »

I noticed this exact thing last night...went to pull a shot and....oh that bolt is sticking out. I just hand tightened and all completely fine again. My arms stay up fine still though and I didn't notice any post shot collapse!

The more I use this machine the more love I have for it...experiance with it just seems to yield better and better results.

Advertisement
hankua
Supporter ♡

#658: Post by hankua »

Paul_Pratt wrote:The screen I use everyday is a banged up old thing. We have had to throttle back the screens as for some unknown reason people without machines were buying 10, 20 or even in 1 case 50 pcs and using up the stock we needed to be able to sell machines.

Anyway a large production run of screens (3k) is due to arrive next month. I have also been looking into paper filters as they work just as well. An Aeropress filter is just too big but the material is good.
Bought these to try at the bottom of the basket, a bit big for that but close to the screen size.

Cigarman

#659: Post by Cigarman »

Doesn't using paper filters stop the extracted oils from coming thru to the cup, reducing flavors?

sherrycobysam

#660: Post by sherrycobysam »

I believe the filter would go on top, in lieu of a shower screen should it get lost before Paul has extras in stock.