Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 65

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
bedejay

#641: Post by bedejay »

That's what I've been doing! Works amazingly and doesn't really add any time to the workflow.

Loving my Robot! Was my first espresso "machine" and can't say it was too difficult to get good tasting shots once I upgraded my grinder (Encore -> Mignon). Now to start saving for a semi-automatic :)

Weien

#642: Post by Weien »

My warm-up method

Advertisement
vit

#643: Post by vit »

Looks a kind of similar to my Flair preheat method.
Eventually, people find out that steam preheating is the way to go ....

mcrmfc

#644: Post by mcrmfc »

I think my pressure gauge tube is near to the end of its life...I realised a bit late that the sharpish edge of the Robot's body was cutting into it (now protected with tape).

I know Paul is on the case with the auromored cable...but not sure I will be able to wait!

Can somebody conform the ID/OD of the tube?

I can measure of course but don't want to take it apart until I really need to.

Thanks in advance.

Power Freak

#645: Post by Power Freak »

mcrmfc wrote:I think my pressure gauge tube is near to the end of its life...I realised a bit late that the sharpish edge of the Robot's body was cutting into it (now protected with tape).

I know Paul is on the case with the auromored cable...but not sure I will be able to wait!

Can somebody conform the ID/OD of the tube?

I can measure of course but don't want to take it apart until I really need to.

Thanks in advance.
Have you checked the package that the robot came in? Mine came with an extra tube supplied (along with plugs etc. I assume to disconnect the gauge if required)

Afraid I don't have a gauge to measure the tubing so I'll let somebody else comment.

Jake_G
Team HB

#646: Post by Jake_G »

LMWDP #704

mcrmfc

#647: Post by mcrmfc replying to Jake_G »

Thanks yep had seen that but it only mentions 2mm and I wasn't sure if that was ID or OD...guess it must be ID!

Advertisement
samuellaw178
Supporter ♡

#648: Post by samuellaw178 »

mcrmfc wrote:Thanks yep had seen that but it only mentions 2mm and I wasn't sure if that was ID or OD...guess it must be ID!
According to the user manual, it's 4mm OD tubing, which was also confirmed by my caliper measurement. :)
Cafelat Robot User Manual wrote:The hydraulic connection to the piston is then made with a 4mm OD FDA approved tube made by Parker Legris.

mcrmfc

#649: Post by mcrmfc »

samuellaw178 wrote:According to the user manual, it's 4mm OD tubing, which was also confirmed by my caliper measurement. :)
Always read the instructions....have learned my lesson!!

Thanks so much Sam.

PCJAnt

#650: Post by PCJAnt »

chsreason37 wrote:Not sure if anyone with a Bonavita kettle has discovered this, but the portafilter with the basket will balance pretty well in the opening where the lid goes (resting on one of the little pieces that stick out to ultimately lock into the body/piston chamber). I leave it there (with the lid loosely on top of that) while the electric kettle is heating and I'm grinding and whatnot. Makes it really easy to pre-heat and then I don't even have to do the double fill or overfill method for light roasts. Highly recommended.

Really enjoying the Robot I got over the holidays:
<image>
Nick, visually probably one of the best shot I have seen from the Robot. I understand you used light roast, how many grams? Did you grind it with kunu M47?