Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 514

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
SchallUndRausch

#5131: Post by SchallUndRausch »

jpender wrote: Beautiful work. How much clearance do you have from the top of your scale to the base of the Robot body?
Thank you- but it is just two cheap wooden cutting plates stacked, the upper one with a cutout for the scale

I now have as much clearance as you have with an out-of-the-box robot without a scale.

Blaine
Supporter ♡

#5132: Post by Blaine »

I know others have replied to @MountC but I live closer to 6k feet and have had success using light filter roasts from Prodigal and Corvus with preheating and blooming profiles. For coffees from places like Little Owl, Sweet Bloom, or Prodigal espresso roasts, I still preheat but can pull standard 7 bar shots with 10 seconds of pre-infusion and additional 20 seconds to reach a 2:1 output. I generally preheat the Robot in two rounds with 202F water for 4 minutes each time for a total of 8 minutes of warm up. For medium to dark roasts, which I don't often buy, I don't preheat.

Italyhound
Supporter ♡

#5133: Post by Italyhound »

Picked up a used robot in great condition on the buy/sell forum and have been having a lot of fun with it. It's next to my Slayer so I heat the basket with the tea water tap. Weight out and grind the coffe, then put some tea water in a pitcher and steam it to boiling in about 5 seconds to use for the shot.

Really tasty and I love the process.

ojaw

#5134: Post by ojaw »

Just wanted to add a 'like' and welcome!

ende42

#5135: Post by ende42 »

So you're using the Slayer as a kettle? Nice! :D

mborkow
Supporter ♡

#5136: Post by mborkow »

I started with the Robot next to my Olympia Cremina...soon sold said Cremina!

Italyhound
Supporter ♡

#5137: Post by Italyhound »

ende42 wrote:So you're using the Slayer as a kettle? Nice! :D
Yeah. Why .. what else does it do? :P

mborkow
Supporter ♡

#5138: Post by mborkow replying to Italyhound »

Nothing of importance that the Robot won't ;-)

jedovaty

#5139: Post by jedovaty »

I forgot to change the grinder from v60 setting this morning - it's set to give me a pourover in about 2 minutes.

Sey coffee + grind size v60 on ek43 + ssp hu + titus carrier/alignment
- 18g in, paper filter on bottom
- no preheat
- 6 second gentle preinfusion, excluding time from pouring water into basket
- immediate punch to about 6 bar
- 52g out took total 31s (including preinfusion)
- espresso actually tasted great, balanced, kind of nougaty, no sharp sour scrunchy face let's pretend it's good, and even a thick body

I am so confused. On my conti prestina with either a regular basket or vst that grind setting would be over within 10 seconds.

Tried two more times, went coarser on last attempt with a pop to 9 bar and, well, shot went into the 35s range. Both were good. wtf.