Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 473

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#4721: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Put a paper filter at the bottom of your regular basket and wet it before filling with coffee. Let us know if that works.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#4722: Post by yakster »

jedovaty wrote:For those of you who have purchased recently from the cafelat store, did your order include both the bottomless basket and the pressurized basket? I am looking through my box and can't find the pressurized basket, though I swear I saw it when I first received mine last month. I did see the canadian retailer offers an option between the two, so maybe the o.g. store has started doing the same. Although.. I have a sneaky suspicious I may have accidentally thrown it out? Hope not :(

- asking because I actually have an unexpected use for the pressurized basket now, whoopsie!
When I got the Kickstarter it was a choice of either the pressurized or regular. I later bought the pressurized basket when I accidentally bought pre-ground. I could loan it to you.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

ojaw

#4723: Post by ojaw »

Mine came with both, 3-ish years ago.

jpender

#4724: Post by jpender »

From the Cafelat Store website:
Inside the box (for orders placed after July 2020)

The main body of the Robot with the arms and base assembled.
Full set of pressure gauge installed (if you have the Barista version)
1 portafilter and 1 portafilter spout
1 professional basket
1 tamper of your choice (original or adding US$50 to exchange the original tamper to a levelling tamper)
1 stainless steel filter screen
1 bag of filter paper as a replacement of filter screen
1 silicone mat
Piston blanking plug and Teflon washer (if you have the Barista version)
https://www.cafelatstore.com/products/r ... dercoating

bringyoutomyhell

#4725: Post by bringyoutomyhell »

No pressurized basket for me a couple years ago, I think you now always have to buy it separately

dimka323

#4726: Post by dimka323 »

Any experience with replacing original screen with 57.3 mm puck screen?

mixespresso

#4727: Post by mixespresso »

drgary wrote:Put a paper filter at the bottom of your regular basket and wet it before filling with coffee. Let us know if that works.
interesting. Do you mean to stop the donut extractions?

in https://coffeeadastra.com/2022/07/16/mo ... tractions/, adding a paper filter worked for him to have a more even extraction, so this added resistance might help for the donuts too

I will test it!

jedovaty

#4728: Post by jedovaty replying to mixespresso »

I've come across multiple threads on this forum about the paper, and just be aware, depending on which paper you use, it may increase or decrease the actual flow, so you'll have to taste and compensate accordingly. When I tried it, there was no discernable difference in flow or taste.

jpender

#4729: Post by jpender »

You can always buy another basket. Prima has them for $35. They were $25 about 4-5 months ago when I almost bought one.

Maybe a paper filter won't do the trick but if you are handy you might try limiting the flow by blocking some of the holes of the regular basket. A little cutout donut of aluminum foil might work. It would be easy to try.

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#4730: Post by drgary (original poster) »

I also think you could easily add filter paper until flow is impeded, and I'm not writing about donut holes. I also like jpender's idea of creating an aluminum foil ring within the basket.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!