Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 463

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Ken5

#4621: Post by Ken5 »

M60smurf wrote::shock: Well.... Now I almost want to buy the new niche catch cup just for that convenience!
Hopefully others with the niche and the original dosing cup, and robot will chime in if theirs fits or not. My cup 'easily' slides into the basket with no problems, though there is not much play. No way for me to know, but I wonder if there is the possibility that the Robot basket could be different and not the dosing cup? Guess it could be a factor if suppliers have changed on the robots end. No knowledge that it has, but I guess it is a possibility. I think I recall Paul posting something about changing suppliers for something other than the basket, thinking maybe it was the piston?

yakster
Supporter ♡

#4622: Post by yakster »

I decided to pull a shot of the Guatemala I roasted the weekend before last on my Robot and time how long it took the process from grabbing my Robot and setting everything up to cleaning things up. My Robot was ready to pull a shot in 5 minutes and 30 seconds with the stovetop kettle water ready and the beans ground on the Key with WDT, the OE Rake, and tamped and I had it all done and cleaned up in 15 minutes from when I first started. Not too bad, quicker to set up than I thought. I keep my Robot on a shelf in the dining room and all the tools in a cupboard in my kitchen.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Ken5

#4623: Post by Ken5 »

M60smurf wrote::shock: Well.... Now I almost want to buy the new niche catch cup just for that convenience!
Hi Caleb,

I saw a video the other day from someone that took the Niche apart to see the build. This guy also has a robot and he mentioned that his dosing cup did not fit his basket because it was out of round. Considering his skills in his video makes me think that he correctly assessed the reason for 'his' cup not fitting in his basket. Check you dosing cup for out of round.

danikXD

#4624: Post by danikXD »

Anyone successfully removed the cover from the pressure gauge to recalibrate it and can tell me what's the trick for it?
My gauge is zeroed on 2bar, and I can't seem to free the plastic cover from the metal... already scratched it even :?

Ken5

#4625: Post by Ken5 replying to danikXD »

Perhaps try to pull a shot on top of a bathroom scale and see how it compares to the chart on the link:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/19947 ... =23#manual

I am no expert, but I doubt it is user adjustable even if you were able to open it. How would you know if it was accurate when you finished? Besides, zero is really just a bar that the needle rests on, no?

danikXD

#4626: Post by danikXD »

sorry, I should've explained myself better.
The needle rests on 2bars even if there is no pressure and when disconnected from the tube:

I agree with you that it doesn't look user serviceable but that's what Cafelat recommend on ther FAQ page: https://www.cafelat.co.uk/apps/frequent ... e-id=63615

mzaiya

#4627: Post by mzaiya »

I just received a new Niche and Robot and the cup fits perfectly. I think one of them may have been updated, I heard they didn't fit.

Jonk

#4628: Post by Jonk »

I have an early Robot basket and a newer, seem identical to me. Both fit inside the fairly early Niche catch cup I've got. My guess is that the tolerances for the cups might not be tight enough for every cup to fit.

jpender

#4629: Post by jpender »

danikXD wrote:I agree with you that it doesn't look user serviceable but that's what Cafelat recommend on ther FAQ page: https://www.cafelat.co.uk/apps/frequent ... e-id=63615
That's interesting. I would have assumed it was not a user serviceable part.

I couldn't resist, even though I think mine is working fine. But after numerous attempts with various sharp implements all I managed to do was scuff up the edge of the face plate. A thin screwdriver wouldn't really go in, the point of a knife wouldn't give me enough leverage, and the edge of a knife didn't work because of the curve of the plate.

Maybe it's easier to just buy a new one. :-)

Ken5

#4630: Post by Ken5 »

I just took another look at that link and compared it to my gauge. The gauge on the link shows the plastic seam being on the side where as mine seems to be inserted into the housing with just a little bit extending out. Doubt a sharp edge would work on mine at all.